Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy protection

Options
  • 05-11-2005 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭

I can not get this game to play.....i reckon it's something to do with my virtual drives and some crappy protection system on the Q4 disk. Anybody have any ideas of a solution that doesn't involve me uninstalling heaps of stuff

Oh well back to the shop with this piece of ****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Disable your virtual drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tried that,Hellfire.

still not working.

Similar thing happened with farcry and i had to uninstall all the virtual drives. and the hasle it caused.

i refuse to do this again...i'd rather not play the game

Un****ing believably i had to use information i found on a torrent/warez site to solve my problem....after googling for "Quake 4 error reports"

Seemingly its a conflict with soundcard/drivers by Creative and by installing the following http://www.openal.org, I'm now able to play the ****ing game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

RuggieBear wrote:
    Un****ing believably i had to use information i found on a torrent/warez site to solve my problem....after googling for "Quake 4 error

But how would you know about sites like that :D

• Advertisement

Macros42 wrote:
    But how would you know about sites like that :D

erm...google. like i said :p

actually brought me right to a cracked copy of Quake 4 with comments about the torrent quality.... had lots of people moaning about having the same error as me.

Wonder if google will be closed now as a warez aid?:rolleyes:

Advertisement