Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

enable voltage on 2nd RF out on decoder?

• 25-09-2001 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Lads,

I've heard talk of being able to enable voltage on the 2nd RF out on the sky digibox - how do u do it?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Press Services, 4, 0, 1, Select. Then choose RF Outlets option. This lets you toggle power to RF2 and what UHF channel the box is using.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bazza

Thanks for that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trazix

I think the voltage thing is for controlling a channel changer or something like that, and should not be switched on unless you have the device.

Yeah - thats what I'm driving at. Saw a product called a 'Digi-eye' I think in my local Dixons. Anyone have any experience with them, either good or bad?

Think they retail for about 20 or 30 quid a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Tom

I have a digi-eye and they are great. A second remote control is also handy to have for it.

• Advertisement

Does it have to take voltage from the coax or can it take an external input from a little transformer (9v or 12v I presume?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by bazza
    Does it have to take voltage from the coax or can it take an external input from a little transformer (9v or 12v I presume?)

Hi, It needs a coax connection because it has to relay the remote signal back to the box. You can see a picture of it at
    http://irelands-satellite.safeshopper.com/4/cat4.htm?746

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Thanks Tony - yup guessed it relayed back via the coax alright. But my query was really about the power supply to the digi-eye. Looks like it has to get power from the coax (as well as using it to relay back to the digibox). Doesn't look like theres any external power input?

What I wanted to do was to take the 2nd RF out feed from the digibox and feed it back onto the internal coax network so I could get the the decoded signal upstairs. But I don't want to feed voltage on the internal coax network (presume its not gonna do my TVs any good if I do!). But I still want to control the digibox from upstairs. So my question still stands - can the digieye take an external power input?

Advertisement