Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aidan Walsh, whats the story?

• 25-09-2001 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭

I'm sure some of you have come across this guy as a promoter.

Is he mad?

I have a feeling someone has a story to tell, cause I'm curious

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Oh dear here we go!

Anyway, if you join gigsmart you won't need a promoter ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 172 ✭✭Sinister Pete

Is Aidan Walsh mad... Yes and no. Yes, yes he is mad but still... I kind of admire him. See the movie and that will explain all.

Aidan Walsh Master of the Universe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

He's a crazy weirdo at a gig last night he was taking photos, someone asked him what was he going to fo with them and he said "Make love to them" and he has loads of teddies in his house (some massive ones) and he says he makes love to them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 youreafeistyone

there was a documentary about him on the good old rte bout a month ago. he is indeed a loony, but his life story is really sad cos he was never give a chance as a young un and written off as mentally disabled in an orphanage and then he was in a band type thing and they were woeful but people kept feeding into the illusion that they were actually going to go somewhere so that when it all went bust he was left with no credibility. one thing he did do was ride a horse (i think) into virgin megastore on the quays. quite brilliant really. anyway...the facts are quite blurry to me...i have the attention span of a small aquatic bat...but i think those are the main facts. he does loads of stuff with new bands around dublin and gives talks and other malarkey like that. hes a lunatic...but, bless him, hes sweet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

Well I think I've learned a lot and nothing at all at the same time if you know what I mean.

Anyway, if you join gigsmart you won't need a promoter

True i believe. I'll def try & make it to the next meeting. Cheers Trev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Who was at that gig on Monday night? Playing I mean? Or even just there? I was there, and met Aidan... he's crazy, but I don't mean that disrespectfully. He's always takin pictures of us, and he tols us to look up his number.... but sure what could he possibly do to help a band in reality!?:confused:

Who was at that gig on Monday night? Playing I mean?

Well your band were for a start...as were Paradox, Polar and some other band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

If you're really interested check out this...

http://www.clarencepix.com/aidanwalsh.htm

He also has an official website www.aidanwalsh.com

And yes he is certifiably mad- (so I'm told-You'd have to be to be friendly w/ Gerry Ryan)

Don't know who else was there, the only other name I knew was Polar... due to the fact I know who they are... it was a good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ro7

I was in a band and we got in touch with Aidian Walsh and did a few gigs that he promoted . He may be mad but he ain't no dummy . He is an eccentric character and you always need a few of them to add a bit of colour and folklor . I have to say he lied ( or at least sugurcoated and skimmed on the truth in equal measure ) to us on more than one occassion . Nothing serious , just about gear and ticket arrangements . He commands the respect and/or time of alot of important people in Irish music . Phantom included . When we were in the initial stages of arranging gigs with him , we would meet him and he made us buy him dinner or tea and biscuits as a consultation fee . He would tell us things and then get us to repeat what he had said or constantly remind us " look ladds , dis imfourmation I'mm giv'in you would cosd you two hundred pounds an our in any record company " . My favouite was " Are'nt we learnin ladds " . Sinister pete is right though , if you see the film you will understand the genius .

• Advertisement

There was a rubbish band on first, I don't know there name but I'd like to so I don't unwittingly go to one of their gigs in future. Then Polar, then a grungey band called Pardox who were really good but at times were dangerously close to Nirvana, I was told several times that "they are signed to an American label" - though it was a Hotpress Unsigned gig. Then I had to leave to get the bus which turned out to be a taxi because it was chucking it down outside. The End

Originally posted by Monkey
    There was a rubbish band on first, I don't know there name but I'd like to so I don't unwittingly go to one of their gigs in future. Then Polar, then a grungey band called Pardox who were really good but at times were dangerously close to Nirvana, I was told several times that "they are signed to an American label" - though it was a Hotpress Unsigned gig. Then I had to leave to get the bus which turned out to be a taxi because it was chucking it down outside. The End

Ahhh, then you must have missed us, we were on last. How did you know my band was there? Do you know us? Or did you just check out another thread on here? We managed to get best band of the night, even though our tuning was fooked! There's another gig on the 22nd October

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

In my opinion... the guy verges daaaangerously close to pedo-land sometimes.

Ahhh, then you must have missed us, we were on last. How did you know my band was there? Do you know us? Or did you just check out another thread on here? We managed to get best band of the night, even though our tuning was fooked! There's another gig on the 22nd October

I used to go to the same school as some (or all maybe I'm not sure) of your band, I know Mick and the lads from Polar....what guy???

Originally posted by Monkey
    I used to go to the same school as some (or all maybe I'm not sure) of your band, I know Mick and the lads from Polar....what guy???

What do you mean, what guy? Who are ye so? :confused:

Advertisement