Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alfie sound clips that some might find interesting

Options
  • 25-09-2001 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

from "challenges facing Eircom" to "the future of the telecomms industry" via "my relationship with Mary O'Rourke"...

it's all there... thanks Alfie.

http://www.onbusiness.ie/1999/0928/moneymakers.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

moneymakers.html

very apt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

I didn't listen to any of the sound clips but one was titled "Alfie Kane predicts free calls in the not too distant future".

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Oh God, that's a good one. That's just the kind of joke I needed to hear to cheer me up because, let's face it everybody, it is nothing more than a joke.

Eircom offering free calls in the not too distant future? Oh wow, a pig with wings just flew by my window and it's just said on the news that snow has started to fall in hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The date of the article... Tuesday 28 September 1999...

ahum...

wonder how long this "in the not too distant future" of his is that he was predicting free calls to materialise within?

--

there was also, somewhat aptly enough, an ad for i-stream showing on the page when I went to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Bard
    The date of the article... Tuesday 28 September 1999...

ahum...

wonder how long this "in the not too distant future" of his is that he was predicting free calls to materialise within?
    Within the next 10 years, I think he said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

You have to listen to this one....
    Its 4th from the bottom.

"Alfie predicts free calls in the not too distant future. - Real Audio"

IRELANDOFFLINE would not exist if €ircoN had implemented what he spouts on about.

@ one point he says (para)... "Per minute billing has been the model for all Telecoms across the world to date" (in re: Local & internet calls etc.)

Sorry to burst you bubble Alfie, but they scrapped that idea in Canada in the 1950's, and not too long after in the USA to name a few:)

Laughable (quickly turning to tears) is all I can say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

within the next 10 years so 2009 seems to be the deadline. Multiply that by eircoms principle of enlarged bank acount and id say maybe 2130.

Advertisement