Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercyful mother of god (REF: Eircom DSL)

Options
  • 25-09-2001 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭

I just read in a newspaper article that Eircom are charging 2pence per megaBIT

Thats right, 2p / 128k of data.

Im gonna scan it in later when I get my scanner thing-a-ma-jig working

Not only that, but they quoted one of the top boys saying something like "during our trials, these limits were tested, and only 1 of 400 trail users exceeded the cap"

Yeaaaah f*ckin right chief.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

How many were on the trial altogether? It seems odd that they say only 1 person exceeded the cap because alone i was usually downloading up to 2 gigs every niight :cool:

How much does bandwidth cost Eircom? I heard it costs them roughly 1p per 1GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

They're lying.. They have those terms and conditions preventing us from actually giving out any info about it at all, so we cant really do much...

but they are lying, I defo exceeded, killed, buried, and PISSED on that cap, I must have done 50 + gigs EASILY this month alone.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I don't suppose there's any chance Eircon (a thousand curses from 'The Big Picture Book of Cursing' on their heads) are just being lazy about the actual terms again?
    On their speed comparison flash thingummy they show thedownload dialog boxes with 56KBytes in stead if the actual windows normal 5.6KB (or whatever), and so on for ISDN single and dual and 512KBytes for the ADSL.
    Someone (me possibly as I hate this shiot happening - it's in most tech sections of nnewspapers too) should batter the crud outta who's responsible for proofing the releases.

If it is 2p/MBIT they should be taken out and publicly castrated, stipped of the local loop and sent packing to some war-torn middle-east area.

cunts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

/me loads the M3........
    "one shell, two shells, thress shels, oooh, FOUR shells....."
    <Chuh-Chuck>
    <que> "Misirlou"
    /me kicks in door of Eircon market and accounts board meeting........
    "Nobody Fu<kin Move! This is a dial-up user!"
    Oh yessssssss, sweet justice :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

from Eircom:

**There is an additional charge of 2.6p (3 cent) ex VAT per MB for material downloaded over and above the stated monthly allowance

*A monthly download allowance, included in the monthly recurring charge, applies to some of the products. Once this allowance has been reached, a per Megabyte additional charge will be levied. See individual product descriptions for details.

So, it's MegaBYTE not BIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

i'll scan that crap in 2nite when I get home from work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

make that three people who went over the cap.

1 in 400 rofl.

I understand that there are plenty of people on it who think that DSL means they have the 'intarweb' on cd now, but come on like....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

how mutch more can they fu<k up . like honestly

You'd be surprised

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by kaids
    You'd be surprised

Would we :p

:o

Advertisement