Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

email provider that has smtp authentication?

• 25-09-2001 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭

Basically I wanna check my mail and send mail fom any isp I happen to be on from my one email progam. I cant do this atm cos every isp gives me "relay denied". Im sure most people are in the same boat. Understandable as it may be to stop spammers its an absolute pain the ar$e.
    So does anybody know one email server that can authenticate the user and therefore accept email from any ip?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭djmagra

Don't know of anyone providing the service, but the easiest way around this, as I'm sure you know is to just change the SMPT server to that of which-ever ISP you are dialling up to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

There are a few ISP's that do POP-before-SMTP or SMTP-AUTH, though you would most likely have to
    pay for it, I seriously douby a free ISP would do it, "ooh just set up an account in their ikkle web
    interface and spam spam spam..."
    I don't know of any irish ISP's that do it.
    Two that I think I recall that do one or the other are:
    www.drak.net
    www.uxn.com

Otherwise if you want this because you travel around different countries, you could find an ISP
    that has roaming agreements, or even has local phone numbers that you can use in those countries.

You could use one of those webmail thingumies.

You might be able to set up some sort of OL profiles and start a different one depending on
    which ISP you are using at the minute.

On the otherhand you could just grin and bear it and either just use the one dang ISP or get used
    to changing the settings every time you switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Here,

as far as I know, you can get round that by makeing sure your default reply address is your email@the-other-isp's-domain.com.

Someone verify this ?

(btw, djmagra : feckoff and get a new avatar :o )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

Originally posted by MindPhuck
    Here,

as far as I know, you can get round that by makeing sure your default reply address is your email@the-other-isp's-domain.com.

Someone verify this ?

$ telnet mail1.eircom.net 25
    Trying 159.134.237.21...
    Connected to mail1.eircom.net.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 Eircom Net ESMTP Service.
    HELO somewhere.com
    250 apu.eircom.net Hello somewhere.com [217.78.1.69]
    MAIL From: someone@eircom.net
    250 <someone@eircom.net> is syntactically correct
    RCPT To: fred@fred.com
    550-We do not relay for your host/domain
    550 relaying to <fred@fred.com> prohibited by administrator
    QUIT
    221 apu.eircom.net closing connection

Generally no, however there are possibly a number of mail servers that are set up like that,
    however that just leaves themselved open to spammers.

Any half decently configured mail server will only
    relay for IP addresses in their own range.

Advertisement