Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US DSL service

Options
  • 25-09-2001 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Was talking to someone in Florida last night on the net. We got around to talking about net access, etc and when I discovered she was using DSL, I asked a few questions. Those of you of a sensitive disposition might not want to read further...:)

Cost - $45 per month
    Speed - 1.4Meg
    Cap - NONE!!

She told me that both she and her husband had downloaded almost 40GB last month!!!! Can you imagine the bill from Eircom at 2p per MB over 3GB!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

all i can say is:

"hehehehehehehehehehe" and damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Originally posted by Delphi91
    Cost - $45 per month
    Speed - 1.4Meg
    Cap - NONE!!

She told me that both she and her husband had downloaded almost 40GB last month!!!! Can you imagine the bill from Eircom at 2p per MB over 3GB!!!!!

That sounds like Bell South DSL. I think you can get more information on it via www.bellsouth.com. It's advertised at $45 and the speed is 50 times faster than 28.8, which makes it 1.4mbps per second. There are indeed no caps.

To tell you the truth though, compared to many cable Internet providers, the speed versus cost of ADSL services like this is not very competitive. Not when you can get 2-4mbps cable for $39 anyway.

Advertisement