Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a piece of software...

• 26-09-2001 10:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a piece of software to catch netsends like winpopup except for win2k
    ive looked on the net but keep finding personal messagers etc..
    nothing decent.

update.
    I got RealPopup2.2 which seems ok, anyone else use this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Ehm, doesn't winpopup come with win9x? What's wrong with it anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

im using win2000 winpopup dont come with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Win2000 doesn't need winpopup, messages are displayed in a dialog box that pops up. As for sending them, I dunno what you'd use. I use the freebsd box here, but that's no use to most people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

2000 and NT both can accept net sends by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

thanks for help but accepting or sending them is not the problem. Nt and 2k accept them and display them to the screen, so if you are playing quake you have to alt tab to click ok but if your playing soldier of fortune it crashes machine which is very annoying. So i was looking for a program that would catch the netsends instead of windows and store them. Realpopup does that it, it by passes windows for sending and recieving. I can set it to away and play quake or whatever. and Read messages when im finished.

• Advertisement
Advertisement