Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice ...

• 14-01-2000 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

i have to get a new comp. within the next two weeks..
    what sort of preformance would a dual cel 533 in an abit BP6 have relative to a p3-600E?
    and anyone know any decent irish stores?
    (online/mailorder/highstreet) that sell those?
    it doesnt seem to be worth ordering from uk at the moment :/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Try to get Celeron 366s...
    The BP6 will allow you to overclock the celerons with an FSB of 100mgz - which definately rocks. Otherwise, the 533s with only run with FSB of 66mgz, as well as costing more than the 366s

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well i can afford the 533's...
    so i dont see the point in getting two 366's
    and just runnin them at max of 500 anyway?

and win2000 has proper smp support aye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yessum, so does quake3.

The BP6 is an excellent board, the only drawback being that its a bit on the small side. With the celerons + fans it can get a tad crowded (ive heard of memory slots being blocked on some).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Ah a big load a ****e (memory modules being blocked like), any way I don't know the relative performance, and i've just realised that thats all you care about, but I reckon a dual processor setup would kick ass compared to a 600E but I'm not sure how the cache would work (HMMMMM??)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

dont the the p3 600 dosent match up when you have the dual yep win 2k will support the dual chips and yep so dose quake 3 so its looking like it the fasts way to get yourself fragged . where can you get the bench tests . hmmmm m . cant rem but considering that one p3 500 is just a tiny bit faster the the cel 500 . i think it would be better to get the dual 500 cel . im guessing you ment the 500 cel as the 533 version i dont think is released or is it ????

• Advertisement
Advertisement