Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enabling USB on win2k

• 26-09-2001 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

I have a new windows 2000 system but USB is not enabled on it.
    Has anyone got any useful pointers on how to do this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭djmagra

What exactly do you mean USB is not installed on it?? Win2K should pick up any USB adaptors automatically, and then any devices that you attach should also be automatically detected.

Go to Start, Settings, Control Panel and then into System. When in there, click on the Hardware tab and then on Device Manager and look through the list to see if there is a USB controller installed. If there is not, it is possible, though unlikley that USB has been disabled through the BIOS, in which case your gonna have to go tweaking!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

It has been disabled in the bios. Gerry was installing an OS (I can't remember which one) on it which borked unless USB was disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Hmm, remember I disabled usb in the bios in an attempt to get win98 working properly? I think in the bios it is under integrated peripherals, you just need to re-enable it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

My USB ports packed in when I installed w2k. You just have to disable Legacy Support in your bios settings and you'll be up and running again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

phil, you rock.

• Advertisement
Advertisement