Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechargable Batteries

• 19-01-2000 3:57pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a set of Rechargable Batteries cheap? I've haven't seen any in the shops for ages and I'm not turfing out £10 for a new set everytime I run down the batteries in my MindStorms lego.

Draco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Just outta interest, where'd you get your mindstorms?

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I got it from the online lego shop, but it's been closed down until the summer. Game have it for £170 if you want to get a set. But be warned...you'll end up spending all you money on lego...

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Ahh lego - used to love it, in fact I have 2 extreamly large containers of it, i means those BIG BIG toy bins, over flowing with it. Its a calculated 4 grands worth, but no instructions to build anything - have a pile of motors and switches etc. Might get back into it cos it was great. I built some great things in my day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

oh rechargeable batteries.... i got me a nice set in peats there before x-mas - lovely nicad thingys - well worth getting a good set. Can't remember the the excat price - think around 20 squids.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

All the lego instructions are on the net smile.gif I don't have the exact address to hand, but it is linked off www.lugnet.com .

Draco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

a lego my old friend lets go back to it... 'elexes opens up door'elexes screems waaaaaaaaaaaaaa 'crash{great this sound affects aint it}
    next day front page of evening hearld { if i was lucky} boy drowns in his own lego .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

£20 for ni-cds seems a bit steep. Go for Nickel metal Hydride. they rock, a little more expensive but much more current tolerance and a whole load faster to charge. You vcould get a dual charger and enough batteries for a mindstorms kit for 25 no bother.... (in maplin)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

And they dont have that crappy 'Memory' problem.

Advertisement