Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macrovision >:/

• 23-01-2000 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I hooked up my G3 mac powerbook to the TV. The tv doesn't have an S-video but the VCR does.

So I watch contact. Works fine. Next I stick in Zorro, but it turns out Zorro has Macrovision protection in it which now stops me from playing any DVD on the VCR S-video ever again!! (tried ones that had already worked)

So I'm told there is a macrovision breaker (electronic box you put between the s-video and the tv) you can get. I couldn't care less about the VCR, I just want to watch them on TV. So anyone know what this is called?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I thought everyone here were l33t h4x0rs ? You letting me down here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I know there are Boxes that disable MAcrovision out there, don't know who does them thou.

I use software called remote selector with my PC based DVD which has an option to disable Macrovision there is probally one available for the Muc somewhere.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

go forth my son/daughter
    and search thy web
    for only with hours of search will you find thy's holy graill...

smile.gif
    hehe o well good luck finding it where ill post a serious note tommower when i have a web site you should go to .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I tried the DVD/VCR websites/newsgroups as well as learning more then I wanted to know about macrovision.

Throw me a frickin bone here people. sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Macrovision should only really kick in if you try to record the DVD at the same time you're playing it.

Contact is protected (I know 'coz it was the first one I tried to 'backup' to VHS).
    Maybe your player has 'locked' into protect mode?

Okay, doesn't make much sense but there ya go.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement