Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pace 56 in Redhat 6.1

• 21-01-2000 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

the pace seems to be installed fine via isapnp.conf (ie: no errors at startup). But I cant seem to detect it anywhere.

Do I need drivers or are Pace modems supported at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Gah, I'm looking for some drivers for my Zoom at http://www.linuxdrivers.org
    ****in' modem is always busy... sad.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I run a pace 56k fine under linux.
    Its a hayes compat hardware modem so no need for any special drivers. Just find the linx howto for instructions. Theres even some redhat tool to do most of it for you under xwindows, been a while , srry, check the how-tos.
    Quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nosox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

of god sake!
    just use windows 2000!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

as far as I know bog standard modem setup under linux is the same for all modems..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

eamo you will be hunted down for that last remark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I was told that redhat should detect it from the moment it boots and create a dev/modem link. This aint happening smile.gif

I know there must be about 1000 ways to do this, but which is the least painful? smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

this is a pace56 internal btw, that might make a difference smile.gif

Advertisement