Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mother of all Geforce2 GTS's

• 27-09-2001 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

I have an ASUS Geforce2GTS 32DDR (v7700 Pure)

I recently stuck a huge socket A heatsink+fan on the core, and an old heatsink on the ram's...

(at 200/333)
    It used to be:
    idle - 50core/42ram
    load - 60core/48ram
    now its:
    idle - 40core/30ram
    load - 48core/32ram

(at 230/365 stable)
    It used to be:
    idle - 60core/48ram
    load - 68core/52ram
    now its:
    idle - 48core/34ram
    load - 51core/36ram

(temps in deg. Celcius measured using ASUS smartdoctor 2 with no dynamic cooling routine)

BUT!!! 230/365 is just not enough.
    The core speed is next to useless, so I need to get the ram pushing on 390, I've upped the IO voltage in my BIOS from 3.4 to 3.6, which has apparantly no effect on stabilising the ram, and it just heats up the core even more.

ANY ideas??? i'm willing to solder etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have a GeForce256 SDR.
    I need some thermal paste. don't know where to buy it in Ireland.
    I have a few Pentium1 heatsinks lying around, only problem is fitting it to the card. it seems there are damn all overclocking guides for my card.
    I also have a P3 (Cu) 800 Slot1
    I'd really like to overclock it a bit, even up to ~900Mhz.
    Reckon i *copuld get it up to 1000Mhz too, with ab it of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Core - 200
    Ram - 401

I left the default fan on there, then got myself an old socket 370 fan and h-sink, removed the fan and placed it on the top side of the card/core with 4 small metal pins to keep it 3/4mms (card has already got 4 small holes that perfectly fit them :D ) from the core, thus allowing the air to circulate properly. Then placed a system exhaust blower under the card to take out the hot air and the air coming from the system fan from the front of the case.

It just doesn't get hot at all, I can easily overclock to 465ram and 230 core perfectly stable, don't know about exact temperatures, but the pins sitting between the fan and top of the card allow me to remove it v.easily and after 4hrs of full load it's just a little warmer than my index finger, the ram h-sinks don't get hot at all, body temps :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by llatsni
    i'm willing to solder etc.

LOL - Will solder for money...

anyway on a totally different note Peats have thermal paste for around £3 a tube.

.logic.

Advertisement