Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake in college

• 25-01-2000 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

I'm in college at the moment and every computer uses NT4 and I was just wondering if theres any way to get it to work as it just won't play for me(boo hoo). It's quake1 if you're wondering and I'm getting a bit tired of half-life so if anyone has any suggestions drop me a line.

bye for now
    Baz

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Get your hands on winquake.exe and it should run fine. Don't have a link, but you should be able to find it in the files section of Quake.ie

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

what exactly can you not get working ?
    running winquake 1.9 shouldn't be a problem aslong as everybody is on the same network.
    obviously for quake world you will need to put a server up on say a unix server whose right ports you can access from the NT lan.

[This message has been edited by harVee (edited 25-01-2000).]

btw, i'm on a nt4 college lan and it won't stop me from playing a bit of quake 3 later
    smile.gif
    harVey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Gerry

Harvee do you know how to get q3 working on ati pos video cards? then I can
    play from college

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

jesus christ...go out an get a life
    theres more to college than lans and quake
    go out and get drunk and get laid.
    or are you too ugly to move from the computer labs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Gerry

Maybe you should direct your brilliant vitriol at people who actually do play quake from college. btw, do you actually go out and get drunk and get laid when you have
    1 or 2 hours break between lectures?
    if so, fair play smile.gif

im not in college so..erm...no

with those being your 1873rd and 1874th posts wwman, it's real obvious that you get out lots.
    did your ma never tell you that if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything, i know that's what she said to me. she also said it's time for your dinner and that you were to come home right away smile.gif

harVey

and sorry gerry, no clue. i just installed it on the pcs and away it went.

of course i get out...out-patiants are only in on days
    as for posting. well, most of my posts before the new year were all late at night coz i woked dod*** hours. now they are all 9 to 5 mostly and never at the weekend coz i dont touch my pc usually at the weekend coz i have a life. (and the missus would kill me)
    someday you will understand.
    having a relationship is more important than online gaming

anyway, since when have my posts looked like a lot of thought went into them?
    give me some credit here. if i want a deep philisophical conversation i'll watch tv...

[This message has been edited by WhiteWashMan (edited 28-01-2000).]

oh, and if you have problems running quake under NT....... http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7824/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

it won't run because it's quake for dos which doesn't run under nt

will win quake and where do I get it.

btw I bought my version of quake and I thought it was the latest version (ie windows/nt support) so why won't it run???

bye for now
    Baz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

cheers WWMan I like that site, no bull**** and just a few lines of text, sehr gut.

bye for now
    Baz

sorry wwman
    i won't do it again sad.gif
    harVey

smile.gif
    okely dokely
    can we be friends again?

Advertisement