Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sun E450 boot

• 27-09-2001 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

I have a Sun E450 here which refuses to boot... it just halts on boot. No error messages are given that should cause any problems (its previous residence was in Sun) - just NIS failures.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

tell us more. how far does it get?
    can you boot in single user mode?
    have you all the bits (kbd mouse etc) plugged in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

power supply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Gerry

erm, wait a few days and I'll fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

I guess were talking about a "times out waiting for nis to come up" problem ?

first of all if you just got the machine would reinstalling the os not be the thing to do ??

anyway power up hit stop a straight away then boot -s

as soon as you get up vi /etc/hosts (you may have to set term=vt100 to get the vi diaplay) , take out any references to machines that dont exist on you network, and make sure it has localhost and its own name and ip in there.

cat /etc/defaultdomain and check its correct, if not do domainname "yourdomain" are you running nis on your network ??

if you are do a ypinit -c to reinitialise nis

anyway post some details of hat exactly is going on your post wasnt very clear

c22

Advertisement