Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Register on the new ODTR SmackDown

Options
  • 27-09-2001 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/21911.html

This is for the benefit of those who don't read The Reg regular, like. They just have the info on the ODTR documents that came out yesterday about having beeotch slap Eircom around until they stop playing love-monkey with the prices.

e50 (I can't do the euro thing) wholsale is a fine price. That's around £40 wholesale, so we could feasibly expect prices in the range of £60-70.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I think it's extremely unfair how some individuals are blaming the ODTR for the delay in the launch of ADSL. If there's anybody to blame, it's Eircom. And maybe our government as well -- they haven't given the ODTR enough powers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Well if this article says anything... It is that IrelandOffline are the Official voice for average Irish Internet consumers.
    However, the delay has riled those lobbying for broadband access in Ireland.

Said Elana Kehoe of Ireland Offline: "This is getting beyond frustrating. I guess we can't really complain because the ODTR is looking out for the best interests of consumers.

"Except it is consumers who are caught in the middle of this slanging match. It is the consumer that is going to be losing out," she said.

Another tick in the objectives column me thinks;)

Well done guys! Way to go Elana:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

the register seems completely out of touch and someone should correct them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

chernobyl - I don't get you... (?) how are they out of touch?

80project - well said! I agree...

nice (albeit mis-spelled... it should say "slagging" rather than "slanging" surely!) quote there ...

well done again Elana.

--

Note: I've added a link to this article to the MEDIA section of our news pages in our web site. Our web site will be re-launched within the next 24 hours or so.

Originally posted by chernobyl
    the register seems completely out of touch and someone should correct them.

I think they were just consice with the information they gave, which is understanable given the media style they operate. Short and sweet! There was nothing innacurate just possibly incomplete in reporting the wider issues:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

short and sweet aka ugly tabloid.

They suggest that the ODTR is the only rhing standing bewtween Irish peeps and DSL which if you take the facts literally, it is true, but there is a wider angle to the whole story, but that would not suite "The Reg's" 4 lines of report space.

Ah well,
    Its free publicity

Sometimes the reg is infuriating though:mad:

Advertisement