Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection speeds

• 30-01-2000 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

OK here goes
    up to about about three weeks ago i was getting connection speeds of 40kbps
    but recently it dropped to 19kb but before about 11 o clock it connects at about 36 but is still **** for online gaming im with esat surf no limits i have a p600 and am in the (046)area i have tried a second modem an it gives the same performance.
    i think my phone line is ok as the phone is crystal clear.
    Now people tell me in your in finate wisdom whats wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ok...whjat has changed between when you had 40,000 connecction rates and now....?
    did you change any settings on your oc? add any hardware/software? add a new radiator into the room?
    if the answer to all these is no, then its something external..ie out of your control....
    you can either change providers, or live with...i have to live with it sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

Well wwm i rang esat when this problem started and they told me to type atz into the advantaced options box this helped for a while but stoped soon after.
    And i install software all the time (like demos) but no hardware since the problem started.
    A guy told me it might be the navan area because its expanding so rapidly.
    anyway thanks for the reply ill keep working on it.

Advertisement