Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DACS line?

Options
  • 27-09-2001 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know if eircom use dacs lines
    2 days ago i saw an eircom employee working on a pole across the road from me since then i can only connect at 28,000 bps
    so im thinking maybe they split the line to install a line across the road from me
    has this happened to anyone what did you about it?

maybe there is some other reason for my slow connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Yes, unfortunatly they do. '4 way digital devices' according to an eircom line man I spoke to a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Yea, cost me £99 for them to split my single line into 'two' lines.
    Utterly disgraceful, seeing as though I ordered it with the intent of using it for the internet.
    It allowed me to connect at 21,000bps - yay.

Eircom don't guarantee net access above 9,600bps, the cúnts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've got one, the swines.
    They use them all along our road cos there's been a load of new houses going up.
    I threatened an Eircom Salesperson (deamon hell spawn totally lacking in any but the lowest lymbic intellect) that i would go to chorus if the line wasn't put back to its origional state.
    I was given the mobile number of the area engineer.
    He said they didn't have enough cable and thatw as why they were using DACS boxes.
    Mine's a MultiGain 2000E I think.
    I've a good mind to 'accidentally' throw a rock/hammer/small child at it..........
    I get reports of 31200bps, and in sysmon I'm getting between 3.7-3.9 max, though its hard to tell with the graph not being updated much.
    I've even gone out and bought an external serial 56K modem,thinking my lovely Lucent 1646DSP 56kjer was the bottleneck.
    I only live about 1 mile from the exchange so i don;t see how they could say they don't thave the cable.
    Cheap b4stards.

I reckon I should only be paying half the line rental as a result cos i'm only getting half the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

ROFL

Small Child.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

now that u mention it, the line I'm on is one half of a split coming into my house. Not sure of the dacs equipment in use tho. I know a couple of eircom engineers, might get them to take a quick look for me to see if they can do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

{ rant }

Fúcking bastards, i hate them more and more every day. I wish someone would just drive a JCB or something into their head office and beat some sense into the pr1cks.

{end rant}

Advertisement