Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Ireland Exhibition.

Options
  • 27-09-2001 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I was reading a supplement in todays paper, (Independent I think it was) about the upcomming E-Ireland Exhibition aimed at businesses. I noticed that Eircon will have a stand at it. No doubt they will be trying to sell their ADSL product, without disclosing ALL the information like total cost and caps, to all the unsuspecting Joe Soaps that would not be familiar with the technical side of things.
    I had a funny thought while I was reading about it. Imagine if we could gather a huge group of people and meet outside the RDS on Saturday and ALL of us enter the Exhibition and head straight to Eircon's stand and gather around the stand. We could all go up to the Sales Reps on the stand, one at a time and ask them the same pre planned questions. And then tell them how expensive and restricting the service is. Other people at the show might just over-hear the conversations and will be put off from getting ADSL from Eircon untill they release a decent affordable service.
    As I said it was just a thought ::D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

You'd all be thrown out for trying to disrupt the event, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i tought these events are invitational only.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

What about an IOFFL stall, or leaflets or some sort of presence - after all, a lot of the people who IOFFL need to educate and inform would be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I think IOFFL should have a stand at it. There is no valid reason why the organisers would say no. They'd look bad if they did turn the group down. A protest outside if IOFFL was refused admission would not be good for them.

DM

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭TheJaff

Its a bit late to be thinking of organising a stall for IOFFL. The exhibition is on this weekend 28th - 30th September. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

A table, some flyers, and 5 or 6 eager volunteers is all that would be needed.

i think

inside *or* outside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Ive gone to this yoke a couple of years running.

Its easy to get in and it isnt as such 'invitation only' allthough I do have an invitation which id gladly pass on to a member of irelandoffline or a rep,getting in is easy I dont know about a stall..ill post the contact details names addresses fone number when I get home.

I caused havoc at the Eircom stall two years back..they had a sms type mp3 juke box at their stall which suddenly started blaring Pink Floyd :)

Plus they give out lots of free stuff,food,tea,coffee,muffins,juice drinks,pens,t-shirts,bags,frisbees,mouse mats,its probably worth going just to stock up on pens :)

all the best

nem

Advertisement