Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 info..

Options
  • 28-09-2001 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭

Just a couple of questions..

How big is the patch that patches q3 retail to the most recent release?

How big is rocket arena for q3?

Is rocket arena rocket launchers only?

Is rocket arena popular?

Soz im new :)

thanx

Vac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

1) 26 MB, get it from http://www.quake.ie/html/files-download.asp?item=63

2) 50 MB, get it http://www.quake.ie/html/files-download.asp?item=41

3) Usually u have all weapons except BFG and limited (but in most cases sufficient amounts) of all ammo.

4) Don't know how popular is is these days, but it was very popular, probably still is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

Sw33t, thanx :)

hopefully ill be on one of the irish q3 servers tonight, if all goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

http://bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=29037

Quake III Arena / TA v1.30 Patch [6:30 PM EDT (Frans) September 27, 2001] - 9 Comments *
    As promised, id Software has now released the final version 1.30 patch for Quake III Arena and its Team
    Arena expansion, and naturally we have a local copy with mirrors of the 25.5 MB download online, but you
    can also use the auto-updater for a significantly smaller download. This version brings a handful of minor
    bug fixes and consolidates the changes introduced in the previous point releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Yeah, I used the auto-update proggy, got an update for a mere 8MB... I'd be arsed if I'm downloading that 30MB monster :p

Who are the remaining Q3 players around here, and where do you play?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Jester

im a complete quake newb as well, i couldnt find any irish servers, and nobody could tell me, any of use lads got a list of the irish servers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

The irish q3 server that i used to use was vishnu.ign,ie but thats gone now and i dont know when it will be back but ask the ppl in #quake.ie on irc.barrysworld.com in irc and they'll tell you althought dont expect a lightning fast response!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

whats the story so with all the irish q3 servers? which ones are up and which ones are down

i dont know because i rarely get enough courage to use my slow v90 cnxn these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I haven't been on an irish server in ages last night i was playing rocket arena 3 on some german server and got my ass kicked! it was good though!

Advertisement