Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shalka gig in Dun Laoighaire C.A.D

Options
  • 28-09-2001 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Shalka are playing in the College of Art and Design in Dun Laoighaire on Tuesday 2nd of October for their Freshers Week. Previously we have supported Brand'o and most recently Milk in Eamon Doran's. We have also played in the SFX and headlined in the Tivoli Theatre on March 22nd of this year. We can be contacted via "shalkaholix@yahoo.co.uk" and our web address is "http//:listen.to/shalka".

The following Sunday we will be playing in the Isaac Butt, opposite Busaras, for Dermot Lambert (he of Blink fame) with 2 other bands. I think its called GigCity.

Everyone can abuse me and say "who the f*** are Shalka" but some people out there have asked us to say when and where we play so...I did. We play basic rock music I think. 2 guitars, bass, drums and vocals is fairly standard. Like to think that we're pretty original in our style though. Not going in to it now though. I think its great anyway but we'd appreciate it if you could spare the time to come along and judge for yourselves/self/echo...

We're also hoping to have our first E.P out by the end of November, which we're finishing off this weekend. It'll be produced by Rhythm Nation and hopefully distributed by them too. It'll also be available at our gigs and so on.

Anyway, if you got this far I apologise to your eyes. Just for whoever's interested in us but if you have a couple of hours to spare on Tuesday you might enjoy yourself or even rediscover your lost love from primary school or something nice.

Harpsicords for everyone!
    Shalka.

Advertisement