Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Go Dihital is £20.57 per month, NOT £10

• 28-09-2001 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

The Decoder is another £10.57 per month. What a scam NTL have. This has been confirmed by the NTL office in Galway!!!

darren@darrenjordan.net

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think you must be wrong, here in Waterford they're
    advertisng the service as including the decoder.

It must be the same in all areas.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i saw the billboards in waterford [beside CIE on the quay], they say 30something channels for £10 but there is a decoder charge.

I got my info off the NTL text channel- £10 for 35 channels including decoder, certain channels require extra subscription...

Can't say any more than that really...anyone else got any
    ideas?

Mike

starter.jpg

I think I see the source of the confusion, we pay about a tenner now, the extra channels will cost another tenner so about 20
    in all plus another fiver for the internet access.
    or have I got this all wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭irishdeej

Hi Guys.
    I am just repeating what I was told by the guy in Galway's NTL office. I asked for the Go Package = £10, Sky Sports = £13.99 & the decoder is £10.57 per month. So thats £34.56 per month plus the cost of the basic channels. I even asked again about the decoder price, and he states, "£10.57 per month".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

hi guys,

you are going to pay your basic cable which in dublin is approx £9.12 then you have the go digital for £10.

then sports and movies and add on channels are a bit more.

don't know where the galway office got the decoder as £10.57.

???

Lets all get to gether-pitch in a few bob,rent a house wherever,there is NTL go digital (might have to include a good few bob for top notch private investigator to find out where), and subscribe-Then we'll know for definite...:D
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

hi guys,

you are going to pay your basic cable which in dublin is approx £9.12 then you have the go digital for £10.

then sports and movies and add on channels are a bit more.

don't know where the galway office got the decoder as £10.57.

surely this is gonna cause a LOT of confusion (and dare I say it - annoyance?) as I haven't noticed them saying this £10 a month for Digital is on TOP of the existing £9-odd we already pay?

Still, as madman pointed out, considering we've yet to hear of ANYONE actually having received this service and the apparent conflicting reports from NTL staff themselves (not a problem unique to NTL I admit) I don't think there'll be much uptake on it.

WHY they can't just come out and tell people EXACTLY how much its gonna cost I dont know. When I rang Sky to get Digital last year I knew in ONE call EXACTLY how much I'd be paying for the installation/subscription etc and more importantly, it was installed on time and the service was/is as promised.

Originally posted by Kaiser2000

When I rang Sky to get Digital last year I knew in ONE call EXACTLY how much I'd be paying for the installation/subscription etc and more importantly, it was installed on time and the service was/is as promised.

And it gets better and better [.TV may be gone] but i have heard that TechTV is soon to test..so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I have just rang NTL ..

GO Digital service is for those that have the basic service already £10 pm includes extra channels AND STB.

I was only on hold for 14 MINUTES this time !!!

Advertisement