Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slap Two AT cases together

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I wouldn't say I'll be going, since I don't have any money and its a fair bit of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

pity, twould be a bit of craic.

Tok the black casing off the Slot1 P3 last night, top restrainers came off fairly easy with the case screws, but the botomones were a bit of a b!tch. Snapped one. Used that thermal stuff i hade, justa bit mind after cleaning off the old stuf. Heatsink is being held on with plastic cable ties tillI find comething better.
    Rubns fine at 800Mhz, must get Q3 installed to check it under laod and then it's on to FSB increases....

/me hangs tight.

Also sanding the cases down now with fine snadpapaer before the painting and the welding.
    Don't know aht I'll use to bend and shape the covers.
    I have an idea of how I'll put them on, but don't have tools I'm confident will give a good result.
    Afraid of warping the covers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

I was cleaning out my case and I got an idea for a hdd bay. I had a cd-rom drive dismantled and the case has a little round hole which has a piece of metal and plastic stuck onto it, so I proceeded to push the piece of metal and plastic through to make room for an additional fan to add airflow around the hd's, so 2 hours later and 5 stitches afterwards I learnt my first lesson when toying with old extremely sharp pieces of metal, get a nice file set and smooth all the edges down before you start messing with things. gah!

that sounds like a good idea, but my Hard drive is only 5400rpm, so no need really.

I've taken a few pix of the dual cases being assembled, still have to take a few more of the painting process and then i'll develop the film, scan the pix and post em.

Also, about the fans, I'll get a few quiet sunons and if need be I can rig a voltage divider which I can engage/disengage at the flick of a switch if the over all system sound is unbearable.

I took the whole shebang to the Galway lan, both cases, my P3 800 and the p120 oc/d to 133 (to act as a dedicated server - whoich it didn;'t have to)
    I took both hardrives out and kinda left them hanging from the IDE and power cables.
    I've since decided that the case will support all three harddrives and the one CDROM drive with no power problems.
    I'm not going to bother with that hassle of welding and cutting the two cases. Don't have the right tools, experience or, more crucially, the time to make a good job of it.
    It would also be bloody big, too biug to fit snuggliy under my brother's bed.

I'm going to mount everything, tie down ccables, get a good setup of Win98SE on it, mod the VooDoo and overclock it and give it a cool spray finish. Might add a few superfluous LEDs to the front too, until i think of something they could indicate for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement