Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sir Frank Zappa

Options
  • 28-09-2001 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭

Here I am listening to Frank Zappa on phantom and i love it. I've never heard a Zappa song on the radio till i started listen to phantom. I've sent in request after request into other "radio stations" and never had one played. I've never sent one into phantom for one and i hear Zappa alot.

For me Zappa is music. He has 64 known albums. He has numerus bootlegs. He's done Classical, jazz, rock, he's done it all. He invented alternative music and insirered everyone who ever heard him.

Now His anniverary is coming up next year, and i think it would be great if Phantom had a whole show dedicated to the music of ZAPPA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Agreed. Zappa is bloody marvellous.
    if phantom do this show of zappa wil someone post here and say as i gotta listen in on the internet. u c im in donegal likes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Yay Frank!
    Bow before his might, for he rocks so hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

Here Here!
    I remember the day I heard about his death. I was working on another station back then (Phantom hadn't evolved into Phantom at that stage!) and I did a 30 minute tribute. My only regret was that I only had a half hour - how do you choose what to play from such a huge catalogue?!!

Favourite song? Maybe "be in my video" - don't remember the album, but it takes the Michael out of the likes of David Bowie's "Let's Dance" video. Also, anyone ever hear his live version of Stairway to Heaven? Kind of a reggae vibe with Jimmy Page's famous guitar solo performed note perfect by a full brass section - pure genius!

Anyone else?

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

You guys got to do this show. Imagine a 3 hour show of Zappa songs, and that wouldn't even be enough. How about a Zappa day, it still wouldn't be enough.

I'm here if you need help

I'm relativly young (I am but 16) so liking him for me is pretty retroactive...but...the first songs I ever knew the words to were Zappa, I think they were Plastic People, Baby Snakes and uh...the Torture Never Stops. My mom never liked my dad to play it with me around...my dad just turned it up. Music is fun in my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

the first song i knew the words to were thriller by michael jackson
    and the fact that im not embarrassed by that worries me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Nellys Belly

do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please do the show please

do the show please

We can't let this die, we have to have this show, pedge your support for a ZAPPA show on the 4th of dec on phantonFM

I'm not going to let this die

Boink

(this was a Zappa solidarity boink brought to you by...something)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Solidarity Brothers!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

and i alsogo for the boinking and the solidarity because i wish tolearn more of frank zappa....coz knowing one song where he talks about peeing isnt gonna get me anywhere, is it?

If phanton don't do this show i'll invite you all to my house on the 4th of Dec. and we'll all listen to Zappa and freak out alot.

Will it be absolutely free to go?

...sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

Wow, didn't know there was such a following of Zappa in Ireland, or that that many people were aware of his genius. My favourite would have to be his 3-cd box set, "Shut up and play yer guitar".. Being a guitarist, it's one of the most amazing and impressive (although at times, very difficult to listen to) collections of music ever. I'd love to have a look at the original sheet music some time, the rhythms and melodies are so complicated, they look like poetry on paper.

-kopf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Tom E Brown

Ok Ok OK!

It was me who put the Frank Zappa songs at the station so I suppose the honour would fall to me...

On December the 7th as a tribute I'll do a full 2 hour special on the music of frank zappa. If people want to tell me what their fav Zappa tracks are I'll try to include them in the show.

to start with i think that version of stairway to heaven has to be in there some where, but my fav Zappa song would be broken hearts are for assholes.

any body else got a song they want included?

Wheeeeehehehe!

Victory is ours!

Uh...what do I want eh?...

Plastic People

Cheepnis off Roxy and Elsewhere with the "I love monster movies" intro bit

The Torture Never Stops

And that thing where he reads from the Naked Lunch about the guy who thought his ass to speak.

This is great news, A BIG thanx to Mr Brown. And a big thanx to all those who followed my quest.

Heres my fav Zappa songs and where you'll find them.

Shove it right in - you can't do that on stage anymore vol6

callin' any vegtables - Best band in LA

Joes Garage - Joes Garage

it might be a one shot deal - waka/jawaka

Caramillo brillo/muffin man - you can't do that on stage anymore vol6

Stairway to heaven is to be heard to be believed, it's on "the best band you never heard in your life" they also do "purple haze"
    excuse me while i kiss this guy

You'll have to be careful doing this show, 2 hours is not really long enough. You could fit 4 Zappa songs in 2 hours and no one would get bored.

Thanx again to all, my job is done here adios

Advertisement