Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which games should be burned and thrown in the sea with a 20 tonne stone?

Options
  • 28-09-2001 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

What games do u think that sucked the most ever and should be destroyed and blown to oblivion ? I nominate the Fifa series if i may point out again and again SUCKS !!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dont you EVER bad mouth the FiFa series.
    FiFa 99 is the best game u can get...the next ones just have cosmetic improvements.

If one game deserves to be *drowned* is
    Daikatana
    Absolute BOLLIX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

my nomination for worst game ever is a tie

daikatana and Simpsons wrestling (i am ashamed to admit i "played" this "game")

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Championship Manager (any version)
    Anything to ever come from EA Sports.
    Tribes 2

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure there are hundreds more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Tony Hawks skateboarding for Playstation.
    My bro got this game and i tried it a couple times and i must say that it is truely **** **** **** :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by Kaimera

FiFa 99 is the best game u can get...

No. The ISS series owns the fifa one in every way.

[Edit]I type very well at 7am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Street Fighter - The Movie.

you know. the game of the movie of the game. terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Tony Hawks skateboarding for Playstation.
    My bro got this game and i tried it a couple times and i must say that it is truely **** **** **** :P

LIES!

The Tony Hawks series are some of the best games on the Playstation. The cliché 'Its easy to play but hard to master' rings through with these games. They have huge depth.

FIFA isn't *that* bad either.</rant>

I mean, we're forgetting the horrors of The Big Brother Game, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Anyone played Monster Rancher?
    Maybe it's just because I've no idea what the point of the game is, but I can't see much point in the game(I use the word loosely).

Championship Manager (any version)

OMFG...u sad little boy
    Championship Manager is the GREATEST soccer sim of all time. NEVER EVER bad mouth it.

No. The ISS series owns the fifa one in every way.
    Yes but can u get ISS for the PC ???

Tony Hawks rules BUT....only on the PC. It's the Bee's Knees.
    Simpsons wrestling
    Definately..pure s***. Ask Aug wot he thinks!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

*snigger*

Soccer sims, heh. Burn 'em all, go play a real game. Blasted football hooligans, the lot of you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

Fifa 99 the best game u can get ??? eh.....no all fifa titles suck all they ever do is bring out new versions of the game with improved graphics and sh!tty little mouth movements "wwwwooooooooowwwwwww" ISS pro deluxe on the snes owns that game by miles and neways the iss series owns the FIFA series by miles.And i do agree champ manager is the best manager sim u can get.Jésús i still play champ manager2 98 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Oh great... it's another "I think this is a good game" -... "No you're wrong you pleb, it sucks!" conversation... :rolleyes:

Sheesh- can everyone not just contribute their own opinions and not condemn and berate others so much just because they happen to disagree with them, ... please? Someone liking a game you despise doesn't make them "sad little boys", etc. ...

I happen to enjoy FIFA 2001... as do many, if you have a look around the web ( particularly at sites such as the un-official www.fifa2001.com ) ... I'd hardly call it an earth-shatteringly brilliant game, mind you, but it's a good laugh - and manys the game I've enjoyed knocking a couple of goals past my brother ... or vice-versa... (more often vice-versa, to be honest!)...

As for games that should be burned in a big pile and then buried at the bottom of the ocean?... um... those "Dizzy" platform games (such as "Treasure Island Dizzy") with that infuriating little egg fellah spring to mind.

... oh... and "War Gods".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Oh great... it's another "I think this is a good game" -... "No you're wrong you pleb, it sucks!" conversation...

Yeah but sometimes within these rants there is sometimes interesting nuggets. When the polls works for me I'll start putting up a few polls like:

What's you're favourite console?
    What's going to be the best console?
    What's the worst/best game ever?

Etc.

Other suggestions welcome.

amp: who just loves polls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

amp test

oh yeh, i thought Noone lives forever was bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by amp

What's going to be the best console?

SpamFest 2001 :)

Whats the best console???

None of them
    They all suck in comparison with the daddy of them all
    >

The PC

Shut up! Shut up! Wait for the poll! Talk about crap games!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Burn all footy games except the ISS series :p
    Diakatana,sucked real bad.
    Tony hawks 0wned j00 :p

That is all.......

Sorry amp Mr. Moderator type person. I kinda had a feeling that was the response I wud get off u. Promise i do it no more boss. ;)

Newho...back to the bad games.....oK..i do admit..the FiFa series is getting old considering no major improvements have been implemented. FiFa 98 WTWC was the first the break the mould and was a SIGNIFICANT improvement on previous titles.

Tony Hawks still rules...actually THPS 2 rules....actually only until TH3 comes out.

Worst game...Ford Racing. Drive a few ford models around racing tracks. It requires a momoth machine to get ne sort of decent fps
    and is just plain Bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!

Why is it that all threads such as this one follow a very distinctive pattern.

1)Mr.X: I love game "a". It is the best game ever etc.
    2)Mr.Y: No you shítéhawk. Game "a" is utter crap. Game "b" is is brilliant.
    3) Repeat steps 1 and 2, changing the games and posters, ABOUT A FúCKíNG MILLION TIMES.
    4)Lots of people get realy písséd off and I have to raise my voice.

It just goes to show that you're all a bunch of facists, imposing your beliefs on everybody else. Hitler was a fascist, wasn't he - and look where it got him, he's dead (or so I'm reliably informed).

.................Anyway, getting back on topic. Personally I don't particularly like football games. Hold on now, berfore you flame me, notice that I said that "I" don't like football games, not that football games are crap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yes but can u get ISS for the PC ???

People who play sports games on the PC need their heads examining.

ChampMan is one of those games you either "get", and really love to bits, or just don't get at all and think it's a pile of rubbish. Personally I don't see the attraction, but the guy who runs Sports Interactive is a good mate of mine, and we've basically managed to agree to differ on this one, so I guess I'm one of the rare people who hates ChampMan but still respects it as a game and likes to see it do well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

OMFG...u sad little boy
    Championship Manager is the GREATEST soccer sim of all time. NEVER EVER bad mouth it.

This thread asked for peoples' opinions on what games they disliked. It did not ask for you to abuse people whose opinions disagree with yours. Kindly take your "sad little boy" comments and shove them so far up your anal passage that they come out your nostrils.

Thank you.

Chill people, chill. There will be no flaming in this thread. If there is let it either be witty or intelligent. The only fascists there will be in this thread are myself and Shinji.

Yes I know CriminallyInsane but at the end of the day people like talking about this stuff no matter how many times it's been done before. Also, new dire games come out every month so think of this as just a regular "feature" of the Games board, much like some of Microsofts "features".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

The seemingly endless tide of army men games that must be made on things like click and play every day i men 3do must have a team dedicated to making sh1t games.They deserve to die and im not a fan of football games but the iss series held my interest for a while.

Mesa sowy Stephen. Accept my humblest apologies otay :(
    I get kinda emotional about my games...the same way ppl go MAD online when playin CS. Do it no more boss.

I do agree...Army Men prolly holds the No.1 position as the worst game.
    Btw...wots wrong with playin sports games on the pC????

OH....
    All Madden FL games are pure s***.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I actually cant remember too many bad games, if I hear theyre bad i dont buy them/play them. One game I remember though is Men in Black.. that was ahem.. not good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

eye spy is the worst game ever.
    mario brothers 2 on the (s?)nes is pants.
    also act fancer cybernetic hyper weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

OMFG...u sad little boy

I thought it was more like a bad excel spreadsheet program. "Weehay my spreadsheet said Celtic beat Rangers! Take it Rangers!" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

Originally posted by amp
    much like some of Microsofts "features".

Oh yeah, like that sodding paper clip in MSoffice - God I hate that friggin' thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

big brother 2 oh! god YES big brother 2 MAGA CRAP! and also pc gamerUK give it n/a% now thats PURE crap

Advertisement