Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlon systems for sale

• 02-02-2000 1:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I'm board in work, so I thought I'd post this price list.

Athlon 550MHz £330 or a little bit less
    Athlon o/c card £55 and £13-£23 p&p
    Athlon Dule Fan heat sink £20
    Creative G-Force pro DDR £186
    Sblive value £40
    Motherboard £130-£190
    Full tower Case with 300w ps £130
    system Fan £9
    Backplate fan £10
    SDRAM £100 for 64mb
    Cdrom 36x £31
    DVD encore 5x with dxr2 card £90
    17" screen £(price unknowen)
    Modem 56K £50 tops
    8.4gb hd £139

Athlon will be overclocked if wanted(550@700)
    G-force will run in agp 2x mode not 1x.
    Can also strip down old comp for reused parts if wanted. All on the up and up every thing frist hand and passed all tests done by amd, creative, etc..
    about £1853 for a
    Athlon 700 oc
    128mb
    sblive
    g-force ddr
    cd and dvd rom
    56k modem
    fulltower case
    17"screen.

Price includes building cost
    post reply or Email
    leixlipcomputers@hotmail.com

This is a small company started up by me and gerry. we also have a celeron system ask gerry about that one.

ps... that athlon system is the same as mine
    if you want to see it runing befor hand just ask. and its all very stable.

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Did you use the registry hack to turn AGP2x back on? Or find some nifty way to stop it hanging on some apps.

With basically the same kit I found that Quake3/UT would be fine in 2x mode, but Half-Life/TFC/Quake2 would hang.

What's the secret (Or would you have to kill me after telling me)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

not sure if they'd hang but when i tried hl on agp 1x it hung anyway and it looked like crap. i think the opengl is just to old for the g-force or just not able to take the speed a which the mem runs at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Weird. You didn't have a 3dfx on their aswell/before by any chance?
    I had to completely reinstall when I popped the GeForce in as some apps kept trying to run the 3dfx OpenGL driver (Even after uninstalling them, manually removing files/infs and reg entries etc.).

After that Half life worked fine (And looks great) with Detonator 3.64 and 3.68. Any lower driver versions and it would hang after a few mins. Since updating it's been rock solid (Even with the VidCard overclocked), but the card is stuck in 1x mode.

Advertisement