Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pay per post please

• 29-09-2001 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

http://forums.somethingawful.com/

Registration is Open!

Yes, that's correct, you too can now register your very own Something Awful forum account for the low, low price of $9.95! You've got that correct, I'm charging $9.95 to people who want to post on the Something Awful forums!

Now I'm sure some of you more mentally challenged individuals out there may be whining, "But Rich 'Lowtax' Kyanka, you're a stupid moron fag! Why should I have to pay to post on your forums? I can post on other forums for free!" You don't have to post here. Nobody is forcing you. If you don't want an account, don't pay me. However, SA is serving over 110 gigs a day. 110 gigs. With a "g." These forums are not sponsored by the government; I have to pay for the bandwidth out of my own pocket. If you're some retarded 14-year old who still lives with his parents and spends all day using their Internet connection to post to Unreal Tournament forums and talk about how when you get older you're going to join the SWAT Team and shoot terrorists, you probably won't understand this concept and probably have significant difficulties with basic reading comprehension.

I pay for this server. I pay for this bandwidth. I am tired of having to fork over half my paycheck from my full-time job just so people can use my forums and read my site for free. This is not an intelligent business equation for me. I have no problem giving people free services as long as I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR THE LUXURY OF PROVIDING SOMETHING TO YOU FOR FREE. You may not understand this idea. You may be outraged at me trying to keep from going broke by running a free site. I don't care what people like you think since you apparently live in some imaginary world where fairies and elves dance under licorice trees and the family dog that you have sex with every day is actually a beautiful princess who doesn't try to chew off your penis. Good for you, drop me an email when you have a real job and run a website that serves over 110 gigs of traffic a day and over 720,000 pages daily. Until then, go back to playing games all day, gossiping on IRC, and continuing to fester delusions regarding how the real world operates.

In conclusion, users may now purchase a SA forum account for $9.95.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

shhh! you'll put ideas in the heads of the admin's ...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

SA is serving over 110 gigs a day

The boards are a reasonably busy forum, what do they suck up a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

one HUNDRED and ten gigs a DAY!!
    holy siht!

altho, even in desperation SA manages to still raise a chuckle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

It appears that existing users don't need to pay it, only new members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

yeah, i had cleared my cookies and reloaded the page.
    but its a messed up forum as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I only used to read it for the SAPC, (photoshopping challenge) the rest of it seems pretty screwed up.

Advertisement