Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ericsson R380

Options
  • 29-09-2001 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody out there have the Ericsonn R380? I got one a while back (unsubsidised so it was not set up for Eircell). I am having trouble getting the inbuilt e-mail client set up. I use the exact same settings when setting up Outlook Express on the desktop - no probs there, when I transfer the settings to the R380's e-mail client, it dials the ISP (both my own ISP, using and analogue 1890 number and Eircell's e-merge number, ISDN) but keeps telling me the "Problem sending e-mail Not ready". Eircsson tell me it is Eircells fault, Eircell don't support it (yet).

WAP/sms work fine, but it would be great to be able to compose the e-mail off line. Does anybody have this beautiful piece of technology?

TD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

all the time in work
    have you tried to get the new software?
    can't remember what version - but its a good place to start
    i'll have a look on monday and fine out for you

--MiCr0

i've talked to a few ppl who use this phone every day and no one has had any problem's using the email client.
    and u using pop3 mail or imap?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Originally posted by MiCr0
    i've talked to a few ppl who use this phone every day and no one has had any problem's using the email client.
    and u using pop3 mail or imap?

Using POP3. I am going to download the updates from ericsson and see if that does anything. Fingers crossed...

TD.

pm me if you need any help!

Advertisement