Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundup of outstanding bugs.

Options
  • 29-09-2001 3:59am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to try and keep an up-to-date list of the bugs and their statuses here so that we can tell which ones have been fixed and which ones are in progress etc.

I'm going to concentrate on the biggies (probably the top ten) rather then getting into every little bug in the system (Boards.ie has always had tons of bugs :) )

Bug: Polls work for certain people and not others.

Diagnosis: Seems to be something we've infected vB with, possibly our dhtml header.... dunno yet. Opera users and IE6 users dont have problems (expect possibly Opera 5.1 users).

Prognosis: We'll nail this one when we get a minute next week. Not a high priority but annoying none the less.

Bug: Dhtml headers and Netscape.

Diagnosis: they are buggy with 4.6 and possibly other browsers. hobbes would like a style without them :)

Prognosis: will probably be cleaned up when we fix the Polls bug.

Feature: Shop

Prognosis: Its on its way, I'm just a lazy (and sick :( ) bastid. On the plus side we have some good t-shirts, mats and stuff.

Bug: Preview button posts instead of previews.

Diagnosis: Probably also the Dhtml code messing with the html in the page, though I cant see why...

Prognosis: Lets see if the dhtml clean up clears it.

Feature: Newbie Guide / Faq

Prognosis: I had been trying to write a history of Boards.ie which would give people an idea of who we are and where boards.ie came from.
    I'll trim is down and then start on a n00b FAQ.

Um, cant think of any others right now... but its 4am so I'm sure there are tons.
    Post below to let me know but I'll keep editing this thread to keep it up to date.

I'll need a few volunteers to test the cross-browser thing too...

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I've access to a lot of running versions of IE (3.0 to 6.0) running on win 95 to XP so count me in for testing. And get well soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Sorry to hear you're sick.

What you need is a good hot Lemsip in a Boards.ie mug. ;)

Just kidding. Take care.

K

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

btw, I'm running IE6 on Windows2000 pro, polls still won't work.

Also, for some reason I can see (and access) this weird "127.3.*" clan board in the DHTML menu but not anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Stephen

Also, for some reason I can see (and access) this weird "127.3.*" clan board in the DHTML menu but not anywhere else.

I can see and access it from the bottom of the main boards list on the left of the main home page.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Bard

I can see and access it from the bottom of the main boards list on the left of the main home page.

same here. also can access it from the dhtml menu's. has it's own link and dropdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep got it too
    any non mod's/commods able to see it?

--micr0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tubedogg

I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

You know those "maximum execution time exceeded" errors? Well I was downloading something just there, and trying to load the boards main page, and it kept throwing them up, all over the place, so much so that I had to pause the download to actually load the page properly.

So... er, I dunno, what can be done, besides waiting for the widespread introduction of broadband? :)

Increase the maximum execution time from 30 seconds? Would that put more load on the server, having it process more pages concurrently, although they're going slower? A bit more memory usage maybe.

(I see the127.3.* forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tubedogg

Max execution time has nothing to do with how many pages are loaded concurrently...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by DeVore

Bug: Dhtml headers and Netscape.

Diagnosis: they are buggy with 4.6 and possibly other browsers. hobbes would like a style without them :)

Prognosis: will probably be cleaned up when we fix the Polls bug.

Well seeing as he is 64% of your hits you better satisfy him ;)

(what's his click-thru like?)
    Originally posted by DeVore

I'll need a few volunteers to test the cross-browser thing too...

DeV.

I'm running NN 4.76 on Solaris here, gimme a shout to me boards mail/PM if you need a hand.

Al.

• Advertisement

Oh, and this:
    ATTENTION ADMINISTRATOR: You MUST revert your showthread_threadrate template!

Obvious enough when that one happens then.

Al.

gone now

Hup!

Re: NN 4.[6|7]

This is still an issue.

Al.

Originally posted by Trojan

I'm running NN 4.76 on Solaris here, gimme a shout to me boards mail/PM if you need a hand.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i got a new one for ya
    windows 98 2nd ed ie 5.5

when i subscribe to a forum i go to my user cp and click the last poster i get this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?action=getinfo&find=lastposter&forumid=26

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, we're gonna go on a bug squishing rampage... just as soon as Cloud and Talliesin stop being completely overworked by their respective jobs (I mean, how inconsiderate!)

DeV.

Hup!

This is still an issue.

Al.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ie 5 nt4 ... error submiting replys get the aul no forum selected thing about 3 times b4 it'll post!

Works fine with 5.5 + nt4 d'oh! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

btw, I'm running IE6 on Windows2000 pro, polls still won't work.

i am runnin Win2K pro and IE 6 and the polls are workin fine.

Originally posted by Trojan

quote:

Hup!

This is still an issue.

Al.

That is still still an issue...

Also, got this at the top of the Thanks for posting page:

Warning: Failed to Connect in d:\Inetpub\wwwroot\boards\vbulletin\newreply.php on line 203

Al.

still having an odd problem with nt4 and ns6.1
    the left side divide between the user details and the actualy post is not a fixed width.

• Advertisement
Advertisement