Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest updates to our web site

Options
  • 29-09-2001 4:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Changes/updates done recently include:
    • "Hosted by Boards.ie" image added to left image column.
    • Downloads are now ALL working correctly - now includes MP3 versions of Seminar Q&A session and extra info @ top of page.
    • News articles added to "Other News" section: Treasurer's Report and Web site relaunch
    • "Printer friendly" option added to all NEWS articles.

Yet to be done...:
    • re-enable 'FEEDBACK FORM' on the Contact Us page.
    • put a "most recent posts" list a-lá the home page of boards.ie on our Forum page... (might not be able to do this).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

Don’t know if its been suggested before, but did you ever think about having something on your site that any and everybody can support you with.

Ill explain, its all very well saying, we went here and we talked to these people and we talked to those people but, for a lot of people around the country they feel a little frustrated as they cant help, some people don’t have the time either to take part in a big way.

So maybe you should have a section on, “how you can help ioffl” and suggest people use cps phone service and avoid eircom isp’s, then give links to providers and info, like the esat and ntl sites. If a lot of people started to do this, even thought eircom own the network, they would still start to get worried. Also maybe a guide on how to let your government official know you not pleased with the internet situation here.

Its just a thought, but reading you site, I found it informative but lacked clear direction to the people reading it as to what they could do to help.

I don't think that publicly advocating that people boycott Eircom's services on an on-going basis is a good idea.

"Avoiding using Eircom's services" and trying to cause damage to Eircom's profits is not particularly in our interests, whereas pressuring them AND the other ISP's/Telcos into introducing better, faster and cheaper services IS.

Also, I believe the group decided very early on (at our formative meeting, if I'm not mistaken) that we are not going to go down the road of promoting any one ISP above another. We need to bring pressure on ALL of them to provide the products and services we are campaigning for. Granted, Eircom (the telco not the ISP) have a lot more responsibility and ability when it comes to the introduction of new and better Internet services, but it must be said again that IrelandOFFLine was not specifically set up as an ANTI-Eircom organisation.

I can understand how it wouldn’t be a perfect situation, bt cant good things come from questionable acts? I know there no isp better then another, im not to fond of esat, but if its done in a fair and even way wouldn’t if be right.
    i.e. ntl have a weekend unlimited offer, as the only isp in the country to have such an offer, promoting it wouldn’t be discriminatory.

Either which way, a “how to help ioffl” section could be a good and useful thing, it just depends on content.

I'm not sure, 'profanity'... not sure as to what content you'd have on such a page that isn't already somewhere on the site, or in the "What you can do..." part of the home page...

Ah I dunno! If you still think it's a good idea and you'd like to draft up proposed content for such a page and send it to me, feel free...

webmaster@irelandoffline.net will get to me... :)

• Advertisement

sure, give me a few days and ill put something together

Advertisement