Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever been on TV ???

• 29-09-2001 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

I was once on Anything Goes, an early morning show hosted by that Angus fella and yer wan Mary who used to make stuff out of bog roll and the like!! It was on RTE 1 I think it was on Saturday mornings ?

Some parts of the show went out live on air and one such moment was when Mary was going to make something out of a Cadburys cream egg, and whilst we were live on air and she was doing her thing I, young as I was, started pulling at her dress and asking her if I could have a Cadburys cream egg too ??

RTE didnt find this cute or adoring, this boy at the tender age of 7 asked for an egg, ohhhhhhh no, when the segment was finished I was whisked from the studio and dumped back in my mothers arms and told to be gone from RTE !! :D

Have u ever been on TV ???

If so when and where ? What was your 15 mins of fame like for u ???

:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

W W T B A M ?

heh figure that one out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I was on Echo-Island when I was around 8 or 9.

We were doing one of those reports on litter in my area or something like that (basically me and my friends had a camera and went around filming and stuff). The highlight was when one of my mates wrapped himself in rubbish and sang a song.

We got so much stick for that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I was on german TV - does that count? :)

We were over there on a student exchange and one night we were walking down the street in Koln, when this large hairy man stopped us saying something in german. My friend said something along the lines "Wir verstehe nicht. Wir kommen aus Irland und spreche nicht gut Deutsch" and bingo! :) We were led around the corner where they were filming some soap opera in a cafe and some worried looking woman let us sit down on the set. We were there about an hour. So if you're ever watching an old german soap opera, you never know - you might see Blitzie sitting in the background with a free coffee and cake. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

my school (coolmine)for some weird reason keeps getting filmed by RTE. And lots of the male teachers in our school play hurling for lots of countys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

does using a video camera count?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

**** carnate, your were on millionaire??? Damn how much did ye win, and why didnt you tell us so we could all watch:)

Ive been on a fair amount of news reports as 'the cutaway shot of the bloke holding the camera/boom mic'. Also, if you watch the end of the Charlton Years, when the team return from Belfast, im holding a portable light.
    Yes, these are not exactly stellar appearances, but I make tv progs not appear in them:)

Edit: almost forgot, I was in a programme called Private Dancer about lapdancers, getting a lapdance:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by -RaY-
    my school (coolmine)for some weird reason keeps getting filmed by RTE.

Dear God - it wasn't "5th Years Tell It Like It Is" or something like that, was it?

We were shown that a few weeks ago in religion, funny stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    I was on german TV - does that count?

Once it isn't one of those satellite channels at 3 am Saturday morning .... ;)

Personally I've only made the crowds in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I was on Blackboard Jungle in 1997
    Got beaten in the 1st round -(robbed we were:()
    I'm on the left below....
    bbj97.gif

I was also an extra in the recent Kevin Costner Film... "For Love of the Game". It was when I was living in New York and it was filmed @ Ynakee Stadium. The movie was total shite but heh I got $200 for 2 nights work:) You can see what IMDB has on the film here....
    http://us.imdb.com/Title?0126916

When Bill Clinton visited in 1996 I was on RTE's coverage shaking hands w/ him @ College Green:)

Few others but I won't gloat:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Ive been on several news reports for things happening in portarlington e.g Maher family,power station KABOOM!!! and a few others and two walk ons in fair city i bought bar in the shop in one and walked past two main charecters talking in the other. never got a line although on most tapes ofthe power station main chimney thingy getting blown up you can here me say holyy **** the dust its coming straight for us!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Bloody Drunkard

I was on the Sunday Game.

I was behind the goal of the Limerick Tipperary match in 1996 or 1997 shouting abuse at the Tipp goalie

Limerick won a peno and you see us singin u fat bastard and the commentary called us Roughians

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I've done a few bits and bobs over the years - a few years back when we launched G4 Ireland I was on The Den a couple of times (Damian whatsisface was presenter at the time) trying desperately to get a word in edgeways between Dustin and the furry thing. I felt like kicking the guy who does Dustin in the head under the table :)

I worked on some RTE kids shows after that, just helping out with research on games stuff and occasionally popping up as a guest "expert" type person.

I've been doing a lot of TV work over here in the past six months actually - started off doing pieces for Sky News, [.tv] (sadly now folded) and Blam! (on Sky One), and I've progressed to doing slots with BBC News 24, BBC2 and Radio Five Live every now and again about games industry stuff. It's cool - really good experience working with this kind of stuff, and you get to meet some great people. Naturally it's all great self-promotion as well, and looks damn nice on a CV... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I was shown on BBC news in our school play when i was about 6 :D
    I was a little roman soldier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hmmm...

My aunt used to be on Glenroe... before that she was one of the BOSCO presenters... she's probably the one who got me interested in Journalism and media...

Still, the only time I was on TV was as a kid, on the RTÉ Saturday morning kids show "Scratch Saturday" ... about 12 or 13 years ago.

This weekly show featured Brian Reddin, Andy Ruane, "Professor Noatall" and that "Pajo" puppet - who had also been 'presenter' of "Pajo's Junkbox"... remember that?

They used to do a slot called "Video 8" where Brian Reddin gave out a video camera to a bunch of kids who went home, made a 5-10 minute "movie" and came back next week to show it. ... That's what I was on...

I was the cameraman, and I also had a "bit-part" in our video - which we called 'The Man who saw Yesterday'. It was about a TV News reporter who, while doing a report on the opening of a new shopping centre in Limerick ("Arthur's Quay"), gets whisked magically back in time to various historical events... the Siege of Limerick (pre-Braveheart Braveheart style scenes :) )...the signing of Limerick's famous treaty (bunch of knackered army chiefs standing around the Treaty Stone)... and dinner time in the house of the famous architect, Mr. Arthur (who designed a lot of Limerick's street structure, and for whom the centre was named). - Oh, my 'bit-part' was playing Mr. Arthur.

It was a good laugh... and I gave Pajo a good punch at one stage ;) (hooray!)

ohhh the memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I've been on TV three times. Once on Sky News, some RTE documentry and some Belguim news program... needless to say I wasn't in the limelight but people reconised me :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I wasn't in the limelight but people reconised me :/

Even with the coat held up over your head? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i was on some dingy Net 2 program that i think used to be called Johnny 5 or something similar. was there as a scout cause i was all into camping and sleeping in the same tents as girls. anyway, since i just came to ireland, i didnt have a stich of english on me , so i improvised and i think i said "Yeah" to every question. i was about 12/13 arond that time.

i also gave flowers to Mrs Robinson when she was the president, and i think that was on the news. :)

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

About 10 years ago I was interviewed by a French TV channel (Antenne 1) if that counts. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I was on The T.V.

I went to a special type of school waving irish flags twice and once I got to shake the presidents hand (mary robinson). and I was allowed ask her a question, I was only 9 and said "how much do you get payed ?" she laughed and said "oh not soo much" *cough*lying biatch*cough*

School around the Corner once. it was ok.

I was on the radio once can't remember why!.

I was on Crime Watch .Although it was a photofit ,does that count ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Until i started thinking about it i thought i was only seen at Witnness, but then to my horror as i looked back thru memories, i remembered.....

I once was on "Ear to the ground" playing hurling.....terrrible :o

shhh.....keep it to yerserlves....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I was on RTE news when i was 12, i don't want to say why, quite embaressing:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I once got on crimewatch after a camera caught me on film robbing a Tallaght Xtra Vision at knifepoint.My 15 seconds of fame got me 15 years of jail.Bugger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 cassius

I was interviewed for by Dutch tv.
    They let me smoke,it was nice;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I was on Joe Maxi, and another of those type of programs on Network 2 when I was in School :)

Im very proud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

i was on blackboard jugle too, about 4 years ago i think it was. we won our first two games.
    man, i got so much stick about that, the name 'Confermac' (as opposed to Cormac) is still occasionally used
    got a free discman out of it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

when i was like 3 or 4 i was supposed to do an ad with neil from the young ones but that guy scared the bejazuz out of me and i went of crying :)

i was on a 5 minute interview on nickelodeon us when i was 11 (irish living in us type of thing)

when i was 14 i was an extra in a movie, cant remember what it was called but the guy who played tayto from into the west was in it.

i have had some other bits and extras parts but tbh i dunno what they were for i was asleep at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by boddah

got a free discman out of it though :)

FFS, All we got was a cráppy walkman w/ no radio:(

Must say though it still works and the battery life is amazing- about 10 hrs I'd guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

i was in a program called Ballykissangel and an irish film called Frankie Starlight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i was an extra in Frankie Starlight , that had Gabriel Byrne in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

i will be a very prominent extra in "on home ground"
    rtes rip off of dream team i'll be in the 4th episode
    im the only guy with long hair and i swear alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

No, never been on TV that I know of...
    Unless my whole life is a Truman Show sort of thing?
    0_ò

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by 80project

FFS, All we got was a cráppy walkman w/ no radio:(

Must say though it still works and the battery life is amazing- about 10 hrs I'd guess!

Budget cuts, I suppose, ours had radios.

Challenging Times as well (we'll just refer to it as an off-form night)

I was on South African telly once

Not exactly material for a career-change.

The girlfriend was interviewed on the main Japanese channel over the summer (she's a lot more camera-pleasing than I am (har har))

Advertisement