Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wwf

• 29-09-2001 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Why isn't there WWF on Irish Television?
    I can't see it been on RTE but I think it would raise TV3's ratings if they got it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i sent emails to all the Irish channels about this a while back and they all said the same thing, "we will not show WWF". i agree that ratings would go up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

its on Sky Sports.
    RAW is on friday nights (SS1), Smackdown on Satuday nights(SS3), Excess is on Sundays (Sky 1) and Tough Enough is on tuesday(Sky 1), and all live special events are on Sports 1 or 2 or 3 @ no extra charge.

we know that. i watch them every week. what about Heat. Channel 4 have that and it is terrestrial. Irish channels are probably taking the same line as Channel 4 though. it is too violent and is not suitable for children, which is true. that is why Channel 4 are dropping it at the end of the year. but surely it can be put on at a time when children shouldn't be watching. that is afterall what the post 9pm watershed is all about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Wrsetlings crap.Thats the first thing i have to say.But secondly,i dont think Irish tv gives 2 shiny sh*tes about violence and the like.The reason is cos we dont have any pussys supervising tv here like the ITC in the UK.We all know that here ppl in power dont listen to public opinion.RTE and TV3 dont care if some old biddy rings up complaining about violence and so forth.

it would seem Irish tv bosses don't care. i mean how many people prefer to watch telly from the UK rather than most of the **** coming out of this place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Dont worry about not getting HEAT,it sucks big time...
    AAnd wrestling is to predictable to enjoy,so i gave up watching it ages ago :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

i started watching it cus my brother discovered i have SS and ritually arrived in my comp room every friday and saturday night/morning, but now i watch it just because its no brainer entertainment, and stacy kiebler.

Originally posted by chernobyl
    stacy kiebler
    :);):)

Don't watch it personally myself-but I guess the reason RTE/TV£ don't have is is simply money...!
    Its a good job we don't all have to compete with murdock to buy our food and drink-or SKY would have no viewers at all due to death by malnutrition...!:mad:
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

All the parents would be compaining if it was put on rte/tv3/tg4.
    Heat is a load of crap if you already have sky and its on too late maybe because it doesnt want the youngsters to watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Didnt u read my opinion above?Irish tv dosent give the steam of their piss whether ppl complain.Theres no board of pussys to push them around like the ITC in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by The Gopher
    Didnt u read my opinion above?Irish tv dosent give the steam of their piss whether ppl complain.Theres no board of pussys to push them around like the ITC in the UK.

Not RTÉ, no, as they're state-run and funded by the TV License, and not "independent"... but do the IRTC not have jurisdiction over TV3, TG4 and any independent local interest cable stations ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Wow "2001" this is a long time ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

chernobyl wrote:
    ... but now i watch it just because its no brainer entertainment, and stacy kiebler.

God yes, those legs of hers are divine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Who on Earth resurrected this ancient thread?
    And half of the comments are slagging off wrestling, get rid of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

RTE won't because they would get complaints from those who pay the T.V Licenses like when they got the simpsons...remember the stink then..Simpsons are bad but Sherley Temple Bar is fun for all the family!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

When I was in 1st class in about 1990 pretty much 2/3rds of the class followed wrestling. At this stage pretty much every house has Sky 1. It's hardly an issue of violence. Hundred of thousands of irish kids have grown up watching it.

I'd like to see some wrestling other than WWE on UK television. The show doesn't have any good heels (other than Kurt Angle) who are my favourite characters. It's just anti-hero vs anti-hero ad naseum. Where are the bad guys like Jake the Snake, IRS and Million Dollar Man? They're so stuck for a heel Vince has to go out there and wrestle himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

WOW 2/3's when I was in school I was the only one that watched it and got alot of stick for it too. What does Danger Mouse have that Hulk Hogan doesn't? As for WWE having bad heels..I think H.H.H is a great heel and J.B.L is doing himself proud...apart from that they are royally screwed..I'd like to see Shane McMahon come back as a heel...maybe as Vinces henchman or something

Advertisement