Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disinformation

Options
  • 29-09-2001 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Seems to be a lot of disinformation around here, and it attempts to clear this up I purpose this topic.

Types of disinformation,
    1) Interconnection charges, some say 4p others say 6p both could be right be what exactly are the weekday off peak/on peak are, weekend charges.
    2) ADSL Retail prices, some say £70 others say £96, what exactly are all of the costs including vat, i.e. caps, installation, hardware, monthly charge.
    3) Whole sale, it seems to range from €75- €700, but do those prices include vat, and are they the prices that have already been changed or the one the odtr wants to change.
    4) LLU, (bitstream) seems to be a fair bit of confusion as to what the two are from a technical stand point and a time scale stand point. To unbundled a local loop cost in and around €15, but there must be other charges on top of that, like space rental and the like. There’s a delay leaver involved in llu, that you couldn’t apply and get anywhere until august 28th and then eircom has 108 days afaik to have an exchange fully unbundled and 38 days afaik for additional exchanges. This means your looking at next year around January at the earliest and March at the latest for llu to actually take effect, so this throws the odtr’s by Christmas idea out the window.

While im no engineer, as far as I can tell full llu allows you to place your own equipment in the exchange, you maintain this equipment and you offer your own services, i.e. radsl sdsl ect. You supply your own bandwidth to each exchange or id imagine you would rent some of eircoms

While bitstream you use eircom equipment and techs to maintain your service, and you can only offer the services eircom allows you to offer, i.e. ADSL, afaik you may or may not be able to use your own bandwidth.

I Hope this topic will clear up a few things, as its extremely hard to follow the forum sometimes. Wasn’t there an idea awhile ago to break this board into sections, like ADSL, LLU and FRIACO?

Advertisement