Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinMe and RAm

• 29-09-2001 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

can any of use lads tell me if it is true that you cant use more than 512mb of rdram with windows me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

IIRC my brother had a problem like that with ME, an upgrade to win2k sorted it nicely....
    Really if you need more ram than that you should have more sense than to be running ME anyway :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by Jester
    can any of use lads tell me if it is true that you cant use more than 512mb of rdram with windows me?

If you're dual booting and you want more than 512Mb ram in your system you can go to msinfo32 and settings and limit the amount of ram that windows uses to 512Mb, but the answer is windows 98/me will not use more than 512Mb of any type of ram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Just wondering, but does anyone know where win98/ME stands as regards amounts of DDR ram recognised? I'm getting an ABIT KG7 MoBo with 256 mb of DDR ram y'see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

An upgrade to 2k will solve almost anything :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by phaxx
    An upgrade to 2k will solve almost anything :P

Thanx phaxx. Not meaning to seem cheeky or anything, but there are those of us who don't like win2w*nK :p

hehe

• Advertisement
Advertisement