Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing the sims of phones?

• 29-09-2001 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

I got one of those completely free phones during the week, a Siemens m35 (with £50 call credit), which is a pretty decent little phone.
    Only problem is that its a 085 Meteor phone, which has absolutely woeful network coverage and more importantly to me, none at all in castlebar where i go to college. :(
    My other phone is a monsterous Nokia 5110 and i want to use the Siemens instead.

So does anyone know how to tweak the phone so as i can use my 087 sim card in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Assuming your Siemens won't let you put in another SIM until you spend $100 with meteor, you have no other way but to go and search the 'net for some dark little corner where dirty haxors swap their unlock codes with eachother (or if a friend ever had to unlock a siemens, and somehow kept the code, you could use that), but I have been no help at all here. really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

"until you spend $100 with meteor"

With meteor AFAIR you need to be with em 6 months before you get an unlock code - and its irregardless of how much spent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's pretty cool, damn eircell! damn them to hell!!. MSN search has brought up a few illicit webpages abou this , but they're all in foreign languages :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

afaik the code is specific to the imei number for each hand set together with the network code for the operator
    so each code is unique

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

http://mobile.box.sk

You'll need a datacable and software from the above website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

cheers, im gonna use up all my free credit in galway first tho :)

Advertisement