Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which of the Free ISP's support ISDN

• 01-02-2000 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Question as per the topic smile.gif

Gandalf.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

eircom free did support 128k isdn, presume they still do. think sickboy confirmed that it did work. if esat had a nolimits isdn service i think of investing, am getting well fed up of modems. having said that, i watched MP's demo of sundays Q3 game, he got PJOD'ed about 3 or 4 times and lagged once or twice as well. so its not perfect, but its better :/

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mailing Esat in November and they said they'd have ISDN no limits "in the new year".

Free Eircom is ok to quake.ie but freezes up a lot. I find Ocean to ping about 80 to quake.ie, 60 to demon and is very stable. BTW, I dont know how SB used 128k with Eircom but I couldnt get it to work for love nor money.

Regards,
    Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

i normally use indigo solo... ISDN .. costs a bit but rarely see any lag stuff
    i also use oceanfree. for a backup
    i contacted esat nolimits snd they told me NO!. so no luck there
    waiting to see what develops over the summer
    woo hooo for some competition between eircom n the lot
    bug
    smile.gif

Advertisement