Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aodi

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

it has been discussed before and also who wants a 16KB/sec connection, i mean FFS, this would be one step foward and two.....

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

i searched + didnt find anything.
    who wants a 16K(b)/sec connection
    me.

most of my online time is spent using email, IM or IRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

you wont find it because it was on the old forum. I remember having a long discussion about AODI and was considering it for a while myself.

Its perfect for email and irc (low bandwidth demand programs), but for downloading or playing games, its not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I'm sure Eircom would be interested in deploying AODI if they could make plenty of money out of it. They may not, however, be interested in flat-rate pricing. If they offered this, they may lose out on people spending money dialling up for email.

ando: I think the appeal is that you just add an extra B channel when you want to play games or get something done quickly. Think of it as normal isdn with 16k extra always-on bandwidth.

SkepticOne: They already rake in so much money of course they wont want to introduce anything cheaper.

i'm more interested in what the technical requirements are rather than opinions on its worth, or how fincancially viable it is for eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Acous
    SkepticOne: They already rake in so much money of course they wont want to introduce anything cheaper.

i'm more interested in what the technical requirements are rather than opinions on its worth, or how fincancially viable it is for eircom.
    Sorry. Being cynical in my old age :)

:)

Advertisement