Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry Pratchett's Discworld series - how cool is it? :)

Options
  • 30-09-2001 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I own seven of the Discworld books, have read about eleven of them, and am slowly buying them all.

Small Gods was the first one I read, I think it's the best so far. I like The Fifth Elephant too, and Reaper Man. :)

The Discworld rules. :D

Thoughts?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Character-wise coolness measure, Granny Weatherwaz is North-pole artic night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Vimes & Co. are the best hands down :) Feet Of Clay is IMO the best of the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Hannah

currently reading "jingo", the one where they go to war against the "arabian" (?) country, strangely familiar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I think he's run out of fresh material in the later books in the series.

I absolutley loved Guards, Guards!

Small Gods was pretty good too, so was the one bout hollywood, cant remember the name of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Too cool.....

Any of the books concerning "The Watch" are great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Ah ya, 'The Watch' books are by far the best. I never really liked the witchs ones tho....every other was grand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Can't believe no one has brought up the wizards! Rincewind is a classic character within the series itself.

Interesting Times is my favorite I think. Gotta dig Cohen and the barbarian horde...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Moving pictures is my favourite by far!!!!!

Advertisement