Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get rid of a flatmate?

• 30-09-2001 4:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Right this is a bit of a weird question i know but im just looking for any kind of answers funny, serious, kiniving...etc. The story is myself and a good friend of mine have an appartment rented and its a 3 person appartment and another lad is living with us now but the problem is he's a complete an utter nob....hes doing the same course as us and everything but words can't explain how shady he is, first of all i thought he was just quiet then the first nite he was out we came home to find the walls of the appartment covered in blood where he some how got beat up (hehe) so we said nothing and cleaned it up, then we noticed he eats tuna for dinner EVERYDAY and the smell of that stuff is just unbearable (especially if u intend on having a sex life) then theres the fact he's a stalker he followed me home from a club one nite in a very shady manner. He's only first year with my friend and myself now and he's 23 but hes not excactly "mature" so to speak in short i think he's a gay/stalking/perverted/paediophilac/retarded/mentler who we need to get rid off so any suggestions would be appreciated.

another thing is he never wash's he comes from a small island, he wears the same clothes everyday, he doesn't have a mobile, he walks like he's on the moon, he has a tendancy for hugging perfect strangers (male) in nite clubs, he has daniel o donnels excact accent and everyone i know thinks hes the shadiest lad on the face of the earth, he also spends hours on his own locked in his bedroom doing god knows what....

AGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!......HELP!

Farls

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

hmm maybe if you leave assorted animal heads around the flat either that or plan b

Plan B!

1:12ft of rope no more no less
    2:bottle of teqiula
    3: Shovel & Bag of lime
    4: 12" black rubber cock

that should cura what ails ya :) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

that guy is a keeper...there are fun times ahead for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

That is a real tough one to decide. Because just because you don't like the guy and the way he behaves, that on it's own is not enough to tell him to go away. I personally would hate to be living with such a person. I am in a house with 4 other ppl at the moment. I organised the house, so I managed to get two others that I knew already, and then two more on the net. I'm just lucky that they didn't turn out to be like your mate. But then again mine are female and that kind of behaviour doesn't seem to be as common with them.

The fact that you arrived home the first night and there was blood on the wall, after he got in a fight, is something that you could have gone on. You could have argued that he attracts violence, and that could make life difficult and dangerous for yourself and your friend. But what I would do is just start making life difficult for him, and perhaps after a while he will simply bugger off, or else bring it to your attention. You seem to have assessed his character to a degree, and should know what ticks this guy off.

I can assume Farls that you are about 18 or 19 (yeah?), and so is your mate. But this guy is old enough to be a mature student. Start to draw a line between (you and your mate) | (guy). When you go out, don't have him tag along. Distance yourself as much as you can, without actually telling him to fuk off. Then he will have no choice other than to find some new friends (perhaps his own age), and then he might want to move in with them. Since I am in my final year, I have seen plenty of first years come and go. When you usually go to a new college/town, you will hang around with certain ppl. I can nearly guarantee that you will be hanging around with different ppl by the end of the year if not Christmas.

As long as you and your mate don't abuse this guy (verbally or whatever), but distance yourself at the same time. You should make it clear in a nice way, that you don't want his company. Then if he can add two numbers together, he should go away.

Anyway, it's an interesting topic, and the politics involved with students sharing accomodation, plays a fairly big part of student life.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Errrm, email him the url to boards.ie and hope he discovers this thread? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Lets call this guy Brutus...because he sounds like he needs Brut deodourant, acts like a brut and has brutal breath by his track record of food intake.....

I would agree with Phobos there....sensible words from a sensitive guy :D
    The less you have to do with Brutus, the better for both of ye...are ye both female? (if so, what is the address of the house!..joking) Naa, serious if ye are indeed both female be very careful...you know what I mean.....
    I'd say he tries on your underwear when ye are out, but that is a different story...

I'd be very careful about confronting this guy without some sort of backup present in your house at the time (i.e. a full complement of lads with wiffle bats hiding in the dinning room sideboard)

Do indeed distance yerself from this guy and start putting up 'Save the Dolphins' posters because going on chance, this guy, eating that much of tuna must have come across a Flipper or two.

If all else fails, then confront him and tell him that things aren't working out and give him a month to find a place.... During that month, watch yer stuff..lock yer doors, etc..

Ye should not have to live in fear, blood, akwardness, stench as ye don't need distraction to your drinking, erm *cough* student life....

Don't be nasty about it, but don't put up with $hite either...ye'll have enuf of that when ye get married!

James.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by Farls
    he doesn't have a mobile
    Oh dear god, get out of the apartment NOW!! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! THE POLICE ARE ON THEIR WAY!

Maybe he just doesn't want any (more) brain tumors?
    C'mon now, is it really that weird to not have a mobile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

The three of you get píssed up like lunatics some night in the gaff, and then just drunkenly tell him what you think of him. :D
    I reckon that'd sort him out, could be a bit mean though. Otherwise, yeah, just distance yourself and make him feel unwelcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

No, no, no Dr. Loon....

They want to get rid of this person, WITHOUT guilt of any kind. silly doctor.

I suggest you kill him and feed him to the ducks.

No guilt there as far as i can see......

Right..... or you could remove his liver and hands whlie he sleeps and leave him lying on O' Connell Street at 5:30 in the morning witha sign around his neck saying "fúck off North Siders". That would sort him out. Pack him up with a load of ice, so he doesn't die though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Rent the movie "Shallow Grave". :D

Seriously though, why not just tell him you all want him to leave. Check with your landlord what options you have, or all move to a new apartment.

some of your excuses though... he's werid because he doesn't have a mobile phone? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Who is the lease holder on the apartment? If it's you or your friend, you've every right to tell him to bugger off. Just make up a reason and give him his notice. As someone already mentioned though, be sure to have someone around when your telling him in case he doesn't like what he's hearing.

If you're all just renting the place from the landlord, tell the landlord! With the demand for accomodation, not many landlords are going to put up with things like that. Just tell him that the guy is acting very strangely and you're not comfortable with him living there. Offer to find someone else to move in instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

some absolutely class replys there ppl, just sort some things out tho
    I'm not a girl nor is my mate
    the 3 of us are equal tenants in the appartment ie. we all signed the same tenant aggreements.I also think not having a mobile is rather strange behaviour in this day and age esp. when your a student with the deals out there!

I have definitley distanced myself from him in the fact that i haven't spoken to him since the fourth day of college and i see him everyday but i dont even acknowledge that he is alive.

He's a more than shady type of "thing" or "denise" as we now call him altho seeing as he came from an Island we did think about calling him dougal....hehe, anyways we're doing our best to make life awkward for him and let him know hes not wanted for instance when he goes to watch tv we turn on winamp as play it as loud as possible so its impossible to hear the tv. I have started to lock everything we lock our door, the bathroom door, the kitchen door, the front door..every door in the house is locked which has to be getting quite annoying considering it took him 20 minutes to get the doors open to get in the other night...hehe

but seriously like, we're what like almost a month into the college year now and he hasn't met anyone or made any friends nor does he ever have ppl over....i don't even want to think about what on earth is going on in that brain:confused: of his, altho hes definitley the shadiest lad i've ever met/known or seen in all my life...keep the replies coming if their not helpful at least their funny!

cheers,

Farls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Just think, somewhere out there there is a thread that says:
    I'm living with the 2 shadiest guys on earth. They're really weird, everytime I turn on the telly they turn up there pc's real loud. They don't acknowledge my existence, they lock all the doors all the time, have friends over, come from the mainland and they have MOBILE PHONES!!!!

But seriously, voice your concerns to the landlord and he might do something about it. 'Specially if there was blood all over the apartment.

Maybe you should contact eircom, maybe you can have him arrested for not carrying a mobile phone.

Seriously though, I wouldn't share a house with any of you. You all sound like pschyos.

Muhahahahha

/me grabs Axe...

P.s> Takes one to know one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Man, this is such a lame topic. I despise people like you, want to know why? - Because I'm a person like your flatmate.

I moved into a house with 4 girls, "oh heaven I said to myself, absolute freaking heaven, Weeee, cant wait."

Of course living with 3 sisters seemingly never taught me a thing, women - In a house together, as friends, are evil. I hate it, their complete bitches. They drink, smoke, piss about the place, dont wash up after themselves, leave ashes, half cans all over the f00king place, drives me freaking mental. I hate them, but most of ALL, their mother-f'ing mobile phones. Middle of a movie and beep-beep-beep. I nearly SCREAM!
    Then a burst of giggles. Oh your sent me a txt message, you lazy cow. Its a freaking clip right out of terence and philip. Hahaha, I sent you one back. Hehehe, this is so cool. Oh look, poor Ciarán is going bright red. hehe, wonder whats wrong with him. hehe, beep-beep-beep. In comes another, OH MY GOD, did you just send me a txt message, I was up stairs, HAHAHAHA, HOHOHOHO, HEHEHEHE. I just wanna take those damn phones and permanently ram them up a sufficiently large space up their rectum. But they'd still send and receive their bloody irritating as crap messages.

I have got a phone, I dont carry it around with me all the time, I dont announce I have a phone. These girls dont have my number because the annoying msgs across the room would leave me committing something which might very well lead to violence, perhaps even death and my being jailed.

Of course I cant even begin to give you an idea of what torture lays in store for me every day, thats purely for your sake, I'm a rather strong willed individual so I've managed to take it this long. But I tend to ignore things that bother me until it annoys me so much I do something bad i.e. removing fuses from hairdriers might be a good start but thats another story.

I believe one of the girls slashed the tires on my bike because "As a joke they started trying to set me up with her, and I turned her down flat, joke or no joke she looks like a cow, has the bowel control of a cow, the intelligence and sense of humour of a cow and well...did I mention she looks like a cow?, well maybe 2 cows." So she got rather offended and has made my life a bit of hell, ignoring me when I come into the room, laughing insanely when I walk out, AND slashing my tires, of which I have no proof and would never accuse a little, meek young woman such as herself - despite being from Dublin and quite possibly carrying a knife big enough to chop up some serious steak.

But as I said, thats another story.

The problem is, you just met this guy - 4 days?!?! You've all of a sudden decided he's a loser and not worth getting to know. Man, stfu, what do you know. I've heard one post from you and I already dislike you. This guy in your flat, I'd give a go.

HAHAHA, stalking you shadily one evening.

He lives with you, course he's going to "stalk" you. Unless you slow up and try actually talking to him.

Ever wonder why he likes so much tuna? - I know I drink bucket loads of milk but thats at least partly because I'm anemic.

Maybe he has a condition why he eats a load of tuna every day.

Man, get a clue, you know him less than 4 whole days, had possibly 1 maybe 2 conversations with him and already decided he aint worth knowing and moved on.
    AND the rest of ye, encouraging him, ick. Have you forgotten where us Computer Nerds have come from? - Oh yes, I get dirty looks because I know stuff in my COMPUTER COURSE, imagine, the teachers pet because he knows stuff. Ask some Jock to give an outlying perfermance of liverpools tactics for the last 20 years and he doesnt break a sweat, but no one gives him a second look.

Man, hypocrisy at its best - Good ol' College.

Makes me sick...

Btw, are you in the least bit homophobic? -
    Heh... Get out of here yah redneck.

For what its worth I spend quite alot of time in my room these days, **** all else to do. I've joined the Tai Chi, basketball, Computer society, Debating Club, Paintball club, Mens Volleyball, Squash and a few others just to get out of the freaking house. But in the first few days I've spent most of my time upstairs, reading or messing about on my webpage, because the "women" and I use the term loosely have captured the Tv room. and every time I step in its awkward stares from all over the place, I live there too, I pay rent. Why the hell should I feel uncomfortable for being in a room in the house I pay rent for. Of course anything that comes up comes down to a vote, but its always 4 Friends vs. the 1 evil/Nerdy guy.

Man, sit down ask yourself, what can I do, what SHOULD I do to help this guy out. Chances are he's some complete and t-total moronic idiot who shouldnt be in college but should be donated to science for experimentation, but at least give him the benefit of the doubt, dont just judge him in 4 days. Get to know him, hell introduce him to Counter-strike or something (assuming he doesnt already play), but once again I emphasise dont judge him.

Chances are I'm moving out before or during Christmas, but its a great house and it annoys me that I should have to move, despite me being there first. Still thats life.

I'm sorry if me going all raggy if its annoying/uncomfortable/irritating for you, but like I said, I'm having problems at home :cool:

Just put yourself in his shoes, strange new place, strange new people, strange new subjects, strange new house, strange new ISLAND. Alot of things are different, stick with what I know - stay in my room, going over ordinance survey maps of my good ol' island.

IMHO the bets thing you could do, is take him out a few times. Dont seperate yourself from him, include him. He could be a really cool bloke, feck it he could be a babe magnet (unlikely of course, but not beyond the realm of possibilities.)

In the end, we are all alone, ignored and hated sometime in our lives, it just so happens for most of us its at college.

Life --- To be alone among crowds, and surviving the torture of it all.

Death --- The release of one torture, for the torture of
    another; oblivion. To be alone.

Ivan.
    "If I was born where they were born, taught what they were taught. I'd believe what they believe."

I take it you feel strongly about this....
    Feel better now?

Beep-beep-beepity-beep.. sorry hang on, txt coming through!
    J
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good point Ivan... my reply was meant mainly as a joke, but the bloke sounds very dodgy to me... I mean there's nothin wrong with not having a phone, or eating tuna, but the following home thing is weird. It's true though, he could just be a really shy bloke, who sticks to himself, and seeing as nobody in the house is really giving him a chance there's nothin else he can do but stay in his room. I imagine it is terrible.... it's not my dilemma though... but I take back my earlier evil comments... and would tend to agree with Ivan, who just managed to slip a bit of guilt into my conscience. :(

I still think he sounds a bit odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Jeez Ivan that sucks
    girls are damn evil

but seriously Ivans right, get to know him, he followed you? well he does live in the same house as you... but give him a chance see what hes like

Calling ALL Wiffle-Bat Owners.....

Fancy meeting at the house in question and putting in some batting practice?
    Hit then ask Questions.....ask Bush, 200+ Us Generals cant be wrong!

Of Course, I am joking......we'll let him answer one question before he perferate his hide....

Rock on!

Ba$tard

P.s. > Bring anti-fishsmell gas masks

P.p.s. > I am joking lads....put away yer 'equalizers' . *pout*

• Advertisement

Ivan raises a number of valid points.

Fand, dude, thought you were a girl :) Sorry. It puts a new perspective on things. If a girl was in a potentially shady situation I'd say get out. However, you're there with your friend. Nothing you've presented seems to put you in immediate danger of any kind.

Blood on the walls:
    When you came home did you ask him what had happened? Ye're living there and have a right (perhaps an obligation) to know what happened? Personally, if I was in that situation I'd (a) ask the guy if he was okay and (b) ask him WTF happened?

Perhaps he had an explaination. In any case you'd be in a better position to judge him after you'd heard an answer.

"Stalking" you:
    You live in the same apartment. Naturally you're going to follow the same route. In fairness, why didn't you just wait for the guy and talk to him. That would seem the civil thing to do. I'd be pretty offended if someone I was living with essentially blanked me after I hadn't done anything to intentionally offend them.

No phone:
    Come on! Doesn't mean squat. He's from an island? They've **** all coverage. He probably never had one and hasn't got around to getting one/deciding whether he needs one (especially if he doesn't have friends).

Tuna:
    He likes tuna.

Hugging guys:
    Maybe he's gay. That's no reason to (a) not like someone and (b) try to get them kicked out. That's illegal (incitement of hatred) and you certainly wouldn't want to cite anything like that to the landlord or basically anyone else. Maybe he's just "friendly".

Accent and gait:
    Superficial reason for not liking someone. Most people have distinct accents. Some people have strange walks. Perhaps he has some physical oddity. Perhaps he didn't have enough calcium as a child.

Spending time on his own in his room:
    Could be plotting to take over the world. On the other hand, maybe he doesn't know anyone in the area and is shy. Maybe he likes reading or drawing or something. Maybe he doesn't like hanging around the living room if you guys are giving him the cold shoulder.

Doesn't wash:
    That's something that would piss me off. Why not casually and respectfully bring it up with the guy if you're concerned about it?

He's doing the same course as you. Give him a chance. Unless you've heard of specific "shady" things he's done (which I don't imagine you will seeing as probably no one in the area knows him) then you really haven't got grounds to dislike him on, besides perhaps (false) instincts...

*shrug*

Originally posted by Ba$tard
    I take it you feel strongly about this....
    Feel better now?

Beep-beep-beepity-beep.. sorry hang on, txt coming through!
    J
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm sorry, is it wrong I want to kill him?...

I could you know, I could find him... kill him, hide the body, no one would ever know... Muhahahaha...

Yeah...right...whichever...

Of course I feel strongly about it. And you should too. Fine its funny, one persons misery at the expense of another, yeah, I can see how that might be funny. As if people dont have enough sh1t in their lives but to have another dump their insecurities and crap on them as well. Man your one funny guy, and your gone 1 notch up in my coolness meter. Solid man <
    Chump.

Anyone who thinks this is funny is either incredibly shallow or incredibily stupid. Which are you ba$tard?... Both?

For what its worth I used to have the brilliant (and imaginative nickname) "smelly". I couldnt understand it, I washed as much as the next (in some cases more) I swam quite alot, I had some pore's problem but that was due to my weight, I sweated alot...I was very active. I some how got stuck with this truely amazing nickname. Later I was told it came from my brother, he was given the same name and (naturally of course) it came to me.

Of course now I live in a house with a power shower just across the hall from me. I shower every morning and every evening, some might say I even have an obsession (yes people, I'm one seriously fu(ked up individual, hence all this gibberish) and of course this is another reason to bitch at me.

Tell me, if it wasnt that he didnt shower enough, would it be that he showered too much? - Of course like, you are well and truely perfect, the spectators can never see their own problems.

Naturally I'm rather shy now going to college, being bullied at school, constantly teased by even those younger than you simply because you wear glasses, are chubby, and like computers. Fact is, despite all the hype, all the attention given to bullying prevention and cure, alot goes on behind closed doors sometimes to the point that taking things into your own hands is the only way to go. One method however it is not recommended to do is: going completely mental, throwing one of the guys across the room and kicking 2 others across the head and finally smashing the fourth guy across the jaw with a lamp; you cant tell what a person is thinking, or what kind of person they are by how they look or talk or react to your abuse.

Although I must say, if someone 'Now' came up to me and told me : You are a smelly bastard, blah, blah, blah <insert insulting remark here> I probably wouldnt say much. A second, a third time, probably shrug it off. but I do have limits, the problem is no one has a clue what it is. I dont know half of the time what I am going to do. Although eventually, I would imagine I would quite literally hurt someone to the point where I would be jailed, but thats me. I absorb to the point where I have to react or go crazy.

I am one well and truly messed up individual, I can at least partly see why these 4 perfect, not to mention beautiful women would have some problem with me, the simple fact is, I'm just not normal

I got suspended for attacking the 4 guys "visiciously and apparently for no reason" (from the school report) but it was coming up to my exams so I was allowed to finish the year and not kicked out.

As I said, I'm shy now, I dont get along well with very many people, but those I do get along with will find me a very good friend, but those people are rare.

When I hear remarks such as :

i think he's a gay/stalking/perverted/paediophilac/retarded/mentler who we need to get rid off

Lets call this guy Brutus...because he sounds like he needs Brut deodourant, acts like a brut and has brutal breath by his track record of food intake.....

I have definitley distanced myself from him in the fact that i haven't spoken to him since the fourth day of college and i see him everyday but i dont even acknowledge that he is alive.

He's a more than shady type of "thing" or "denise" as we now call him altho seeing as he came from an Island we did think about calling him dougal....hehe, anyways we're doing our best to make life awkward for him and let him know hes not wanted for instance when he goes to watch tv we turn on winamp as play it as loud as possible so its impossible to hear the tv. I have started to lock everything we lock our door, the bathroom door, the kitchen door, the front door..every door in the house is locked which has to be getting quite annoying considering it took him 20 minutes to get the doors open to get in the other night...hehe

but seriously like, we're what like almost a month into the college year now and he hasn't met anyone or made any

and so on and so forth, it scares me. I think, hey, maybe there is some kind of secret society that I'm not involved in. Maybe its cool to make fun of other people. Maybe thats the problem, maybe I should make fun of the guy next door of me. The paraplegic who lost both his legs at a circus, man thats some funny sh1t. Yeah, if I do that I'll be respect, wow, wouldnt that be cool.

Man, screw that. I'm happy knowing I'm miserable if there is one guy (namely the guy next door) who is happier for it. Maybe someone else should think about this.

Truth be known, when I'm finished my stretch in college, I'm seriously considering moving permanently to America, oh not because they are more understanding or because they are such nice people, oh hell no. Its more likely its just to get away from this.

Irish people are renown for their ability to laugh at ourselves, but it seems that somewhere down the line we've turned this harmless ability to look at ourselves and laugh, into looking at the other poor guy and mocking. Just isnt right. Just isnt right at all.

I have funny dreams where I'm a computer techie guy in the "Not too distant future". These 4 insanely beautiful girls walk into 'My store' :cool:
    looking for someone to fix their XYZ. Of course I happily offer to oblige, and they look at me startled. Oh, hello Ciarán we're the gals from your house. --- Fits of Giggles later --- I hand them their perfectly fixed computer, complete with drinks holder all patched up, and a small explosive device on the back.

:D

because sometimes....life is like that, and then you wake up...

Ivan.

"I hope I havent offended/scared anyone with the aforementioned statement, the truth is most of the events in these paragraphs were most likely made up to extentuate the points made while paraphrasing the underlying tone to allow a proper understanding of the subject at hand .i.e. most of it is utter bollock made up in order to scare you into realising what an ass-hole you are/have become."

--- Reham Náraic - Genius at large -
    © 1982-2001

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 violet

Last time I really wanted to get rid of a flatmate I told them I was pregnant and I was planning on having the baby and raising it in that house.

Within a few days of dropping comments about home births and my lack of money my flatmate was out the door.

It was my best friend's idea and she played along which helped.

I know you are a guy so you can't do what I did but have one of your female friends pretend to be pregnant by you and planning to move in. Suggest that twins run in her family etc...

It works on most men. I know you said this guy is a freak, but still he is male and so he should be freaked by a pregnacy!

Violet

Ivan, Ivan, Ivan....

Take one point to note on all this post.....
    The request which was made in the first place the following conditions ;

"Right this is a bit of a weird question i know but im just looking for any kind of answers FUNNY , serious, kiniving...etc

See Above word...Funny....and that is how I responded......now re-read my posts and see my retorts in a new light...a light that does not envisage seriousness, bigotry, discrimination or predudice....the light that alores my comments is of Funnyness...

People sometimes can take things too serious in life and need to relax....most people have the ability to determine what is made of tomfoolery and of serious impacting information....

You may have a difficult life....but that indeed the name of the game..life....I was not adorned with beauty nor brains, but I get along with what I have....like everyone else does....!

Thanks for your interesting comments and do a few things....

1) Go easy on the keyboard
    2) Re-read my posts
    3) Get pissed
    4) Have a kit-kat (if not a chocolate wiffle-bat will suffice)
    5) Enjoy life....remember life is like a battery...How? I dont know,but it is because it is my voiced opinion that it is and that is my achievement....to be different...!

Ba$tard

HMMMMMM, what can i say....Ivan man this seems to of hit a tender area i am right or am i right?!?!?!

I acknowledge the situation you are in but it is completely different from mine i'd go thru your posts and show you where i disagree with you but frankly i only have one lecture free today and it would take me ages to do that like chill out man! The situation you are in is an unfortunate one the girls seem to be right ugly minging dirty little feckers who have the whole "i'm special" complex still going on, my grievences go out to you man. I am a tad bit worried the way you said you are like "Denise" tho worried to the point that i would consider slagging you off but i'll not cuz you went raj at me for not liking this lad after 4 days, where as you stated you disliked me after one post!.

Few more points in this weird tale.....not only did he hug lads in that he didn't know (but i did) in the club the other night he also elbowed (in the neck, intentionally) a girl i had over in the appartment a few times previously and the humour is not good about that at all i might add.

As for the stalking incident, course hes gonna stalk me i live in the same place you say....try this on for size, i was walking down towards the appartment around 3am the other week there was denise sitting on the wall outside staring at me, as soon as i got close to him he legged it off into the appartment and slammed the door in my face i was merry at the time and was not in the mood for that kind of craic so with the intentions of kicking the living daylights out of him i found my keys and opened the door when i got in he was standing at the top of the second flight of stairs staring at me....i walked up the stairs where i was going to confront him he quicky grabbed my arm and ran off down the stairs, i'd of ran after him but that would of taken up energy and i just couldn't b arsed so i went into the appartment then and locked the door and watched out the window as he walked out infront of cars and fell flat on his face i laughed at that for a while then fell asleep. My flat mate woke up at 5:30am and went to the toilet where he found the whole lights in the appartment turned on and the door wide open, denise had obviously been home done god knows what and went again, that was the second time he came home drunk left the appartment open at all hours and went again....shady behaviour to say the least.

I'd love to have a picture of this lad to post it on here or better again a video clip just let you see how he acts/walks/talks if anyone could look at him and say "he's alright" then you have even more problems than he has.

In my opinion i think i gave him a fair chance, he ****ed up the first night out with the blood thing, also their was blood in my bedroom and stuff was moved about meaning he was in my fu<king space which i was severly unimpressed by. Did i complain about this to him tho, no instead i cleaned up his mess and let it pass but he just keeps getting more and more shadier, i mean hes 23 he's classified as mature, i myself am 19 and im a hell of a lot more mature than he is....ok everyone has those nights where they just get pished drunk and lad home and make an ass of themselves i dont mind that every now and again not everytime you go out drinking, i dont know about ye but i go drinking 4/5 times a week and its been about 3 months since i was last THAT bad. Its not just that tho, its his general aura like he smells, his food smells, it makes the appartment smell, ppl dont want to come around if hes there....no one in the whole class talks to him we're talking 90 ppl here, a few thousand at college in total and he talks to nobody....this lad makes roy of of coronation street look normal.

The comments are class tho, thanks Ivan for bringing up his arguement a bit more, and Ba$tard is right like i asked for funny comments so i could at least try to laugh at my situation and some of his comments are class like (hehehehe) I'll admit the mobile fone thing was maybe a bad thing to say but your taking it to the extreme, like for instance lads with fones are totally different than girls with fones, unless their girly lads then thats a different story, i have a mobile i dont go mad everytime i get a txt, i usually have my fone on silent anyways but its just the fact that i haven't ever seen this lad try to make contact with anyone hes just a complete SHADY person. I goto bed and lock my room door at night now because god knows what is going through his head now im no child but still i dont want to wake up with a 23 year old sicko doing god knows what in my room or worse again...................................

and at that i'll leave it because i have to go and get sick keep the comments coming tho funny/serious its all good.....life is nothing without humour

cheers
    Farls:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Bring him somewhere where the screams will not be heard and any forensic evidence will not be ever found.

[The details of how you do it are not important]

Remember to cut the body up into many small pieces (this makes identification quiet difficult)

Legal Disclaimer: I do not condone such actions and as not should not be blamed in the event that you cock up and end up spending the rest of your life in a windowless padded cell with a big gay guy called Bubba.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

Farls, it sounds like you enjoy this whole situation. If you don't want this guy around then sit him down and tell him so.
    It sounds like he has problems - and the situation, of living with people who do not even talk to him, cannot be doing him any good either.
    To be honest, this sounds like a potentially dangerous situation and the sooner for your own sake you sort it out the better.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I know how you feel mate, I too was living in a house with a complete freak and a bit of a nutter at that... like your "friend" there we were all equal tenants and all had signed the lease

HOWEVER, there are means and ways to get rid of people like that and you come out of it smelling of roses as opposed to tuna.

This guy who was living with me and my 2 mates lost his job and
    never got another one as long as he was living in the house, he never washed, and slept on the sofa in the sitting room, even though he had a perfectly good bed, a double I might add, and his own room, and used the rest of the sitting room as his wardrobe with clothes, all dirty, strewn all over the place.

He ate only soup and bread (apart from what food he stole off us) from the saucepan which he cooked it in, and brokeup all the bread, usually about 10 slices and mixed it in with the soup, then would walk around the house eating it.

All he seemed to do was get pissed and stoned, he had a girlfriend for a while, and she was rough, a complete psycho too, but at least she washed, so the stink of her tacky perfume kinda killed off the permanent stink from him...

He did have a mobile, but it was one that he knicked and admitted it, he also admitted one night when stoned and pissed, that his dad's business was dealing in stolen machinery and equipment, knicked from building sites... how dodgy is that..??

So anyway, enough of that, what we did was contact the landlord and told him the situation, he didnt want to lose 3 good tenants, so he decided to help.

He arranged a night to call over and "inspect the premises" when only one of us was there with the that guy. He warned me in advance by a phone call and we played along. he "inspected" each room especially the sitting room and his bedroom, then had it out with us... but I found it very hard to keep in the laughing as yer man was totally panicking :)

So a final warning was given and then he was told that if he didnt cop on then he's out.

About 2 weeks later the landlord came back and sure enough all was the same, so he gave him his marching orders and that was that..

If the landlord is anyway reasonable, then he should help. Tell him about the blood and all the rest of it, make sure that he knows everything and tell him that you need to get him out or else you will be left with no choice but to leave yourselves.

Better still is to find someone who's willing to move in and tell the landlord this, so he wont be out of pocket and chances are that there should be no problems.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

May I add a comment here......

First year of university I had a roommate. The guy seemed sound enough and me him and his mates went for a drink the first night. We got well and truely rubbered off our heads.

Well the friendship continued for a couple of months with me seemingly thinking everything was OK. I was normally a shy and quiet person a bit like this person you refer to.....

Well the third month of uni came along and I walked in one night to find my room mate and his friends trashing all of my stuff. Emptying ashtrays and bins into my bedsheets and pillowcases. Breaking all my tapes and CDs and the rest of my belongings.

I had no understanding why this happened....still don't really. The only reason I can think of was jealousy. Jealous probably of my open relationship with women. I get on very well with them. Don't necessarily date much and now i'm in a long term one. However at the time I was very good friends with all of the women these guys new. For some reason when we went to parties we would have a great time and they would pay a lot of attention to me. This pissed them off.

No to not get off the topic....because of this event and that I had built up my university circle around these people I was left in the middle of first year with no other friends. It is VERY difficult to make new friends in university when it's half way through the first year as most people have grouped up.

I started missing classes and eventually didn't go at all. I still passed my exams though and got to second year.

When second year came I was in a house with pretty decent people. They were the landlord son & daughter and a few others. Because of the previous years actions I still was a bit limited in a circle of friends and found that a depression which had begun left me sitting alone for hours in my room waching TV alone and playing video games.

I soon ran out of money and found that I could only buy TUNA as it was the cheapest food there was. Every day 3 meals a day a can of tuna and 3 slices of dry white bread.

Eventually the finals came around that year and I had luckily gotten some notes off people though I failed to meet the pass mark.

I was called into a meeting and was asked about the reason why I was doing so badly. I explained and was offered to resit the year. I asked if I could take a year out to clear my head and shake my depression. I was told I could not and would have to leave if I wanted to. So I agreed to resit the year but walked out and straight to admissions and quit university

I now regret my actions as I was studying a masters degree in mathematics with computer science as a minor and possible second BSc degree. This could have lead to a great future....now I find myself in a no so great job.

Thankfully I have come through this and have shaken the depression and am in a long term relationship and a steady job.

I just hope that if you DO finaly get this guy out of the house that you take responsibility for any future afflictions he may have as a result of this incident......and what, from prior knowledge, could turn into a possible suicide attempt.

You're young.

You don't know SH1T!!!!

You have no responsibilty and take none for your actions.

Every day we take other peoples futures into our hands - sometimes we cripple them sometimes we help them.

What do you want to do?

• Advertisement

P.S. As for this guy not washing.....I found that though I showered ever day in the house I was in....I was repulsed every day that my flatmates had left all of the shower and bath clogged up with pub1c hair and filth. They never cleaned or washed it out and generaly I was the one left to do so.

Have you got something to share with us? Maybe he is too repulsed to shower after you lot have.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

maybe you are going about everything the wrong way.
    perhaps if you befriended this fellow and involved him a bit more in your life, ie speak to the poor fuker and dont go out of your way to ignore him, then he may stop being so shady etc.

hes probably had the same treatment you are giving him all his life. its arguable, that if he maybe had some real friends to talk to, go out on the piss with etc, that he would "come out of his shell" and stop being so eery. you should try introduce him to people when your out and maybe ask him to participate in a joyous game of scrabble :) .

anyways i think you get the jist of what im saying, give the bloke a chance before you boot the poor **** out for being a bit "strange".

anyways, whos to say hes the strange one, you went a looked up the internet to kick a guy out of a house. in my book, thats pretty strange too.

have a think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Well tbh, I found that a coupla small cans of tuna (for 37p), a jar of mayo (the white stuff, not the county! this is the expensive bit), and a few twin-packs of pasta for 99p, can keep you alive and well for the best part of a week, great stuff that! And if you're really splashing out you can spend about 60p on a tin of sweet corn to mix in there too. :rolleyes:

Nothin special, but that's how I surived my student days when the going got tough.

All that said, the guy sounds like a freek! Get ridda him! I know a good bog where you can hide the body!

:) <-- Ivan, dude, please note!

Al.

/me has no serious views either way

anywhosies i saw this one on the discovery channel Aint i an edumacated muppet

chop em up freeze em and rent an industrial wooder chipper then :D:D:D:D:D:D

Ok, fair enough, I went a little (a little?! - alot!) OTT on this, but as was said, it did hit a little close to home for me.

For what its worth I need a few suggestions for getting rid of flatmates too...I want this flat for myself, and I'm gonna get these out of my house!

So, keep the ideas coming... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Right, this all looks like a load of schoolboy hormones and stupid crap to me, if you really wanted to get rid of the bloke, you could have done a thousand things, I'm not even going to suggest one due to the lameness of your topic and childishness of "some" of the replies (joke's or not!) sarcasm is lame!

At least this guy hasn't posted a thread entitled "how do I convince my college friends I'm ok!" I think you are a child with no brain and no resourcefulness for the need to come here and post this topic which is extremely unfair and downright degrading to the bloke in question.

Why don't you deal with it or get on with whatever you are doing.

The saddest thing you said must be "he has no mobile phone".

HEH WTF!?!?! I have no mobile phone, yet I manage just fine. In fact I bought a mobile phone and got sick of it so I got rid of it.

You are throwing nothing but typical stereotypes around the place that don't fit into your "NORMAL LIFE".

I like to skateboard in my sparetime and I put up with bs from jocks like "heh do you know tony hawk!" or "can you do a kickflip. They like to point and laugh, while telling me to take up something worthwhile I am by no means a shyguy so my usual response to this is "STFU you muppet Jockboy with nothin better to do than bug a guy with a brain", if they don't like that and like to get aggressive then I politely tell them I have no problem in smashing their feeble corpses with my board and sending them to hospital for a week..........why such a violent lashing, because I'm sick of the stereotypes that get thrown at me everyday (most of the time they want to hit me, so I'm always ready to defend myself and am so sick of it, I will go to trouble to make sure I defend myself properly, i.e give them a good hiding!), people will only put up with so much, be careful what you do in your situation :p I feel so strongly about a lot of what has been said here, but I'll stop waffling for now, you my friend are a much sadder and weirder person than your flatmate! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Hey tactical anni
    I know exactly the **** your on about
    "hey hey do an ollie, do a kickflip"
    or its even worse when some one sees you on a bmx and goes "Dont you think thats a bit to small for you"
    or "LOOK you have stabalisers"(stunt pegs)
    it really pisses me of how narrow minded some people are
    like its any of there bussness what i do anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

Iceman, I think your personal philosophy is a little flawed.
    Your description of your path through life reminds me very much of my own. I flunked college first time round and spent a few aimless years in London. But I got a second chance at education and now I've got a job which I enjoy and I'm doing fine. Difference is I've learned not to blame anyone else for what went wrong first time round. Sure, I went through angsty phases of being hung-up on my father's (poor) influence etc. but in the end that's only looking for excuses. I was lazy, indisciplined and unfocussed in my approach to my life and I reached the outcome I deserved. You blame "depression" - induced by poor treatment by others? - as the reason for failing college. Are you sure it might not have been down to the fact that you didn't study enough? I'm not trying to be smart and belittle the difficulties you went through but I do believe that you have to accept that things go wrong for whatever reason and not blame others. Personal responsibilty is what it is all about.
    In discussing Farls situation you are cautioning him to take responsibility for what may befall his flatmate if they kick him out or whatever. That is ridiculous. This guy needs to take responsibility for himself, for his bizarre behaviour etc. Equally Farls needs to take responsibility in following through on his reservations about the situation and getting rid of this guy. Anything else is dishonest and is destined for a bad outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shagus

Farls!

Simple Solution

Being Ivan back and set him on your flatmate :)

Ivan .. what a great opertunity to take out all your agression.
    And Ivan .. your situation is exactly the same, instead you've got 4 ppl to get rid of (fair enough there's only 5 in the house including you .. but they're not trying to get rid of you ? ) ..

Heh btw .. moderators .. could you move this to the humour forum ? heh this is funny stuff :)

Farl .. erm you only have 2 options I think really .. one .. tell him to ****off .. or two .. freak him out so he'll leave.

one: Simple ..
    Walk up to him and say ,' Its not working out, fuxoff, we had a vote and you're the reject .. so bye

two: Simple ..
    Pizz on him in your sleep and tell him you had a problem when you were a kid and you seem to be having a relaps, drop fish eyes in his tuna to turn him off it, put scales of fish on his pillow so he thinks he's turning into one, find out his phobias .. you never know .. he might be afraid of spiders!!!! just get as many as possible and drop them around the house! .. start playing classical music up real loud (he sounds like it might drive him insane .. personally I love the stuff)

or .. if you're an unreal chicken**** .. get your landlord to do it for you .. laf

Bal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

at the end of the day
    people = ****.

Deep.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tactical anni
    you my friend are a much sadder and weirder person than your flatmate! :mad:

firstly, im not your friend....never have been never will be.

secondly, your taking this thread totally off topic with your rambling about skateboarding and other crap that really i couldn't give a **** about nor could i give a **** about what you seemingly would do to ppl who stereotype you ie. beat them up, altho i'd say you have an overactive immagination. :o

thirdly, I love the way you feel soooo strongly about what has been said here and decided to post on what you call a stupid thread, in case you didn't notice (are you that thick?) that its threads like this that make the After Hours board so enjoyable and informative to read if you look this is the second most seen thread here at the moment AFAIK.

fourthly, ok you want to be a skateboard dude...fair enuff, theres a stereotype for everyone i dont care what you say but everyone is stereotyped you, choosing to skateboard, are going to be stereotyped as a sk8r, get over it or dont skate frankly i think you should keep skating try it on the dual carriageway please do!

<SNIP>
    Don't even start throwing insults around that are bound to start a flame war.

Monty

btw....do a 'kickflip' pweaaaaaaassseeeeeeeeee!!!...bet ye cant.

farls

But can you really do a kickflip? and as for school boy hormones *Snigger* what u on estrogen?:D :D

Originally posted by nore
    Iceman, I think your personal philosophy is a little flawed.
    Your description of your path through life reminds me very much of my own. I flunked college first time round and spent a few aimless years in London. But I got a second chance at education and now I've got a job which I enjoy and I'm doing fine. Difference is I've learned not to blame anyone else for what went wrong first time round. Sure, I went through angsty phases of being hung-up on my father's (poor) influence etc. but in the end that's only looking for excuses. I was lazy, indisciplined and unfocussed in my approach to my life and I reached the outcome I deserved. You blame "depression" - induced by poor treatment by others? - as the reason for failing college. Are you sure it might not have been down to the fact that you didn't study enough? I'm not trying to be smart and belittle the difficulties you went through but I do believe that you have to accept that things go wrong for whatever reason and not blame others. Personal responsibilty is what it is all about.

I would agree if I thought it appropriate but may I add that before this happened to me, even though I was in a TOTALY pissed state from partying every night, I actually got up every morning and went to class and was TOP of my class.

That's the only reason I passed first year because I was already that far ahead to start with.

It's hard to go to class btw when you feel it's too damned hard and scary to get out of bed because you feel the world is against me.

I think people who have suffered depression would realise this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Farls; so far Da'Bounca appears to have spoken the most words of sense here.

However if trying to help the guy just isn't going to work then as much as its boring,take the "adult" approach...

Remember, in my student days was living in a house with 4 other people(2 blokes 2 girls) and one biatch.

She was a right little missy, held dinner parties for her like minded friends (instant dinner style..packet soup type deals...like yer man in the ad who needs to know how to cook steak).

That wasnt such a big issue( despite the fact that the rest of us were more interested in getting pished and watching crap videos :) , and occassionly indoor football..ahh the memories).
    Anyhow i diverse..

One morning we awoke to found dinner dishes piled outside our bedrooms..she called us pigs (probably reasonably accurate in retrospect, muhahah!!)..problem was the vast majority of them were from her bloody prissy friends dinner party last night.

We called a house meeting and said it out straight, we don't get on with you, we would rather you moved out.

Simple as that, black and white..sometimes you just have to come out and say it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Originally posted by Kento-Shiro
    No, no, no Dr. Loon....

They want to get rid of this person, WITHOUT guilt of any kind. silly doctor.

I suggest you kill him and feed him to the ducks.

No guilt there as far as i can see......

the poor ducks .... they will get sick .

if you wana get rid of him just go to your land lord and tell him that you have suspicion that the guy is dealing drugs and they you would prefear if he is kicked from the house . worked for me .

Originally posted by elexes

if you wana get rid of him just go to your land lord and tell him that you have suspicion that the guy is dealing drugs and they you would prefear if he is kicked from the house . worked for me .

Yea that's a really cool idea. Especially if finds out and sues your asses for defamation of character.

Here's a thought, just a mind blowing one. How about you all get together in a room and tell him you no longer want him in the house and buy his share of the lease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Your solution I believe will be found here

http://www.tasteless-jokes.com/annoyroommate.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I was using skateboarding as an example of how someone else might find someone else "weird" in their own eyes, I was not "off topic".................If you really want to try and take a stab at me, why not drop up to 96a Upper Drumcondra Road, opposite the skylon hotel and next door to breaks snooker club, is a "skatepark" that is where I skate on a regular basis, and I can do a helluva lot more than you could ever dream of doing, if you say you couldn't be bothered trying it is more than likely because you have no imagination, no patience and are very closed minded (and deep down you know you'll never be able to do it because you have no will or sense of determination)
    I'm also not a violent person and only defend myself if it is "REALLY" necessary, the reason being if I was to aggress somebody, then I will lose my licence to practice martial arts, which I "REALLY" wouldn' t risk doing, because if someone really aggresses me with a knife etc, I would like to be able to defend myself.

You my Friend have been conditioned into a milky little fluffy sheep that believes everyone should have a mobile phone and all these other conformities which are only your over reactive imagination my friend, not mine.

I'm 23, I work I pay my taxes, I study and I enjoy skateboarding in my spare time, you my "enemy" (that better?) are a little muppet that does not have a clue as to how to deal with the awkward situations that life may throw at you.

Anyway, mebbe you could exercise that pea between your two ears from time to time, you never know what you might do with a little IMAGINATION :D

Originally posted by Samba
    I was using skateboarding as an example of how someone else might find someone else "weird" in their own eyes, I was not "off topic".................If you really want to try and take a stab at me, why not drop up to 96a Upper Drumcondra Road, opposite the skylon hotel and next door to breaks snooker club, is a "skatepark" that is where I skate on a regular basis, and I can do a helluva lot more than you could ever dream of doing, if you say you couldn't be bothered trying it is more than likely because you have no imagination, no patience and are very closed minded (and deep down you know you'll never be able to do it because you have no will or sense of determination)
    I'm also not a violent person and only defend myself if it is "REALLY" necessary, the reason being if I was to aggress somebody, then I will lose my licence to practice martial arts, which I "REALLY" wouldn' t risk doing, because if someone really aggresses me with a knife etc, I would like to be able to defend myself.

I'm 23, I work I pay my taxes, I study and I enjoy skateboarding in my spare time, you my "enemy" (that better?) are a little muppet that does not have a clue as to how to deal with the awkward situations that life may throw at you.

Anyway, mebbe you could exercise that pea between your two ears from time to time, you never know what you might do with a little IMAGINATION :D

Waaahey.... fairly viscious attack there!! Also quite an obvious boast at your skateboarding skills, and martial arts prowess. Glad to have that off your chest? :rolleyes: Silly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Well why not boast, you hardly expect me to sit back and take any form of abuse from a guy that can't even figure out how to get rid of a flatmate :rolleyes:

Yeah, it does feel good to get it off my chest :p

anything you need to share ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement