Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get rid of a flatmate?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Im comming very close to closing this topic. Stay on topic or I will

Farls-It has been a few moons since I've left college-but it was a ball non stop...!
    Seven of us shared a four bedroomed house-never empty, always milling-everyone had their own girl/boyfriends around and others aswell-rumours on the estate were that the house was occupied by up to 20 madmen and women.
    This scenario kept us all in good cheery mood and anyone that threatened that humour was given the boot.
    For your sanity-your flatmate obviously has issues which must be unbearable at this stage for both the two of ye and him.

Out he must go-but for gawds sake contact a counsellor at College and explain the situation-they might get through to your "denise" otherwise theres only one way this will go-the guy will top himself.

I've been in your situation a few times with people who've came to stay and you just have to be blunt-you've got plenty of encouragement-so don't forget to post what the upshot of all this is.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

hmmmm, theres been a lot of going ons since i last posted here i see, monty's took thick and snipped my post :rolleyes: and tactical idiot has gone back on her pmt :p

anyways, this is whats happened since.....last thursday night my mate and myself had two girlies over and decided we'd go on a bit of a booze cruise so away we drank all evening drinking everything and anything possible before we headed out to the pub/club....so in a fairly pished manner down we went to the pub where low and behold it was sitting staring at me....so we sat down pretty close to it and i seen that it was drinking and i was pretty well on it so the silence ended up being broken and i told "denise" excactly what i thought of him and made it as clear as day that if he didn't stop with the shadyness or if he wrecked the appartment again or if he didn't just wise up and catch himself on i'd end up beating the crap out of him or getting him evicted....or indeed both ;).

well i came home later on that night and there were a few ppl around the appartment so i didn't really see him hanging around and i haven't seen him since i now think he's avoiding me which is a whole lot easier cuz i have more than enuff on my mind at the moment.

so in completion of that i beg to ask the question is this the end of the ordeal or will he strike again..........watch this space

Farls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

lol, you haven't solved the situation, instead your kind of hiding from it atm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I know its not solved, i didn't say it was i just said that i had actually done something about the whole situation and i still thinks your a girlie :p

Farls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

man u couldent of had it as bad as i had it last year ivan .

some day ill tell you about it but at liest you moving out of you house . im sure the girls dont like you but the guy came back beaten to a pulp and put blood all over the place

you did say you were giving out about txt's through the film

what about ppl that take phone calls in movies . i seem to rember you and calib getting some .

like even when you moved in there it was on you mind that you wanted to move somwhere else with some lads and have a gr8 laugh . did you go out a night with them ? this year i went out every night so far with my house were havin a right laugh in cork . but i still havent as many friends as i did in cork and its getting annoying now .

now you are moving in to my old gaff . i hope we left it in a nice condition . if you find a cd case its mine i lost it . also lost a knife .

btw we own www.102greenroad.com and i can get it off tom and u can use that if ya like for yar webbie .

btw i havent read all you posts or everyones there 2 bloody long

when you going to move out ? . ill be down some time to inspect what you have don to my old house . also get heating otherwise you will freeze .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

You threatened to beat him up if he didn't stop acting "shady"?

So, this is the first time you've actually spoken to him about his shadiness? What did he have to say?

If you beat him up, you'll be the one in ****. You've said it here, potentially in front of millions of viewers, that you threatened him.

That was a really dumb thing to do.

All the suggestions here, jocular and not, and the best you could come up with was to drunkenly tell him that you'd kick his head in? Go you! Do you think he might act less shady now? Hardly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I was totally bored out of my tree in work today so I decided to read through this post. And I would have to say that Farls you are a childish stoopid little fu(ker!!! I was bullied from the age of about 6 to about 15ish when I finally stopped giving a **** what people said about me. The point of this is that it made me very wary of new people and it also made it very hard for me to make new friends(not now I have moved on from that and I now get on with everyone!!). This could be the situation your man is in(but you never considered this did you?) Now I am not a weirdo like you describe your flatmate. I find some of the stuff you have written very hard to believe(infact I think most of it is complete bollox ).

I am 22 now and I living in Australia in a house with 35 people and loving every moment of it, there is never a problem with anyone because any problems are just outed( if someone smells - we tell em, if someone is weird - we tell em etc).

If this guy is annoying you get rid of him in an adult manner( I reckon this guy is acting weird and shady to make you and your friend move out) and stop acting like a typical first year daddy's boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭nore

Can someone explain what is meant by the word "shady"? Everyone is using it on this post like it's meaning is as obvious as, say, the word "black". I would have understood is to mean dodgy in the close-to-criminal sense like Arthur Daley or Charlie Haughey? It hardly applies to this poor lost soul flat-mate - there's been absolutely no mention of second-hand cars, brown envelopes or small bags of white powder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

maby this guy is just mis understood . like me . ivan ...... and everyone that uses boards .maby its us that is the weirdows ( i know i am )

Advertisement