Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL lan fest- end of November

Options
  • 30-09-2001 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭

Seeing as how there has been lan parties every where else in Ireland ... seems it is about time to bring the Party to limerick...

I know a few of the heads are coming down for a piss up in Oct or sometime around then.

Going to be a lan anyway in end of November but decided to maybe take the chance to make it a bigger event and get the heads from all over ireland down for a day or 2 :)

just wondering would there be any takers ... might arrange a few case events if there is enough interest ... maybe somebody to take on nD on their home ground :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Sounds good. But me down on the 'maybe' list.

ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Where will this be held? is fragnet/gamenet is active? Is this my monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I would asume that yes it is a FragNet event

Add me to your mailing list Khan *schlaps*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

we have a mailing list?!?!?! :-)

forums... remind me must update them completely with the new code.
    yes Podgeen I'm stuck running Fragnet :-)

come to the SU on weds ... should see me at the fragnet stand ... playing AvP as usuall :-) ... bring people or just names and ID numbers need people to sign up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Mabye we could turn this into a "proper" lan. Perhaps if we get enuff numbers from dublin we could orginize a minibus up to UL ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Would be nice to not have to go all the way to dublin for a lan!, YAYAYYA :)

]GT[Nexus

Clan Gauntlet

Originally posted by havok*
    Mabye we could turn this into a "proper" lan. Perhaps if we get enuff numbers from dublin we could orginize a minibus up to UL ?

well that would be the idea ... I have to do one for the Games Soc down here in UL ... but figured may as well get the Old Skoolers down too and show these kiddies some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I'd be up for it for sure. When is Nicky home? we could have a minging party for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Cool. I just started in Ul and was wondering if anybody played deathmatch or CS.

Which labs are the games installed in at the college BTW. Anybody want to meet up for a few games in the next couple of weeks? Just for a wee match.

My e-mail adress is jamesmolloy007@yahoo.com

Unfortunately games are banned in the labs under penelty of expulsion or something ...

Fragnet was set up by a group of rebels who like to sit around in labs defiantly talking about playing games. Not surprisingly really as all they do in the pubs, in lectures, even in their sleep is talk of games ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

If it is a "serious" lan with a bit of q3 going on then FH would most likely have a team there... all though its a bit pointless if we're the only q3 clan :)
    what are u thinking LK... qw & cs.. or more like trinlan with a q3 duel comp and some 4v4s?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

nD will play any clan in any game ye want! Quake1, quake2, Duke3d, frogger, prince of persia - gman is good at that one - All are welcome. It will be as serious as you like as long as everyone heads into the pub after.

you forgot chess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'd be on for that ok. Too long since we had a big lan.

I don't think this gamig ban is quite as severe as you think. I'm in venus labs right now- the guy to my right is playing monopoly and theres a guy 2 rows in front playing mini golf.

dont mind osiris.. everyone plays games in the labs... in the vax.. its usually quake2 and some starcraft...

in the csis they all play quake2 and there all rubbish at it.

you just alt tab when security guard comes around.. in the csis they'll just tell you not to do it again.. but usually dont say anything..

in the vax if the lab is not busy they probably wont say anything... if its busy they'll tell u to stop or maybe tell you to leave... at worst take your id card.. (havent heard of it happening though.. probably treaten you with it)

Are you living in any of the villages?

yeah but it won't be in the labs anyways. anyway it's just muppets that play in the labs anyway.

I'm trying to get one of the large meeting rooms. and just need to work out the number of PC's it'll fit and the power can handle max would be 30 or so I'd say... unless we can get some more hubs. I don't want to go overboard since it will be the first really one run down here and prefere to have it running nicely with a few computers than have 100% PL with a load of computers.

Must ask interpoint if they'd sponser or lend us a machine or 3 for it. also hope to line up a nice box for the main game server too.

once I get the prelim stuff out of the way I'm hoping to get some good sponsered stuff for it too. maybe some prizes too :-) ... wonder would spinsol give us a cash prize maybe :D

The line up will be a good few games ... won't have an open session don't want to have like everybody playing a load of different games.
    all the quakes will be played naturally. CS and Half life too ... some AvP starcraft also and possibly few others ... won't run them all at the same time.

will plan to have some good team games too. nD vs PS at frogger :D.

probably have to get help from sonic or the other lads ... networks ain't my strong point as such.

btw podgeen call around the SU tomorrow ... I need more names for fragnet :-) ...

I'd be interested in any advice from the organisers of and of the other lans like trinlan, monteelan or so-forth. especially on the Hardware side.

I'm in College court just up from Son1k's gaff 13 carysford

hmm ... *dusts off sarcastic tone* .. ah well

Anyway we are still finalising details, and will have everthing ppl need to know up on the FragNet site shortly.

hehehe :-)

well I've to draw up a proposal and then I'll hit the local companies for sponsership hopefully getting a good responce ;-)

if anybody has any contacts I'd love to know...:D or suggestions too.

Ewwwww- scum- they play Star Crap here. I really must go on a pilgrimage and convert some to Total Annihilation- its such an infinately better RTS in multiplay its not funny.

• Advertisement

Get the Hurlers pub to sponsor it. We'd get lots of free drink (in theiry).

I live in Ennis not one of the villages so any Quake2 I'd play would need to be during the day. I'll head off to csis anyway to see whats happenining.

doublepost

We'll I've booked the venue for the party 30th of nov til sunday.

Hurlers wouldn't ... anyway looking toward scholars function room for a good party afterwards. arranging some good bands to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Nice to have a decent LAN in my local area for a change. Count me in.

-Dave

well like I said booked the venue and seeminly getting very good interest from people. it would be a BYOPC event for the most part, trying to see if can get a lend of some good machines too for it. 10BaseT, also hunting down 100mbs cards too for those who don't have them.

aimming for 30 boxes + 1-2 servers with a Maximum of 50 boxes(but thinking that is over extending our selves).

I've most things covered I think or have plans on how to cope with them but wouldn't mind if anybody who has had to organise a large lan before would drop me a line ... just a few Q's on things like insurance, and network setup (ideal layout).

also going to make up a list of places nearby where you can stay, including the floor of Sonics bedroom and also not forgetting Podgeen and Nicky's houses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

i'll be there as well..

/me starts to practice qw..

Ro

podgeen's house ehh?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭MrTimewalk

Not very far mind as I'm only living 15 minutes away. If you're looking for numbers I'd be well on for it. I make an excellent slow moving target

Since this is a LAN to celebrate my b-day (yes it is!) I will be expecting to spend the weekend incredibly drunk, and not have to pay fort a single pint.

Thanks lads=]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Im not going so :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement