Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL lan fest- end of November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

I think everything is ok, might need a few heads to help out on the weekend though, other than that getting sponsors and HUBS sorted out is basically the only thing I'm looking at right now. composing a list of local accomdation too ( also this would be sorta birthday party for me and OSiriS since our B-days fail with with a week before the LAN :-) ).

this could be better than expected if we can get all the Old School heads and their mad skillz down for it :).

think sonic told me he could lay his hands on a 32 port switch ...

I'm not giving up on looking for a 100baseT network though ... 10mbit wouldn't give us much room to move really and we'd have to watch the lan for any leeching too.

one other thing ... since it is being hosted in UL ... if we could get a few teams from other colleges and have a few intervarsity bashes. see once and for all who the best College is, UL of course.

Fort Fragg ( That's with 2 G's :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

would a few crossover cables be ok for leeching?
    get a few cables of decent length and use em for leeching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Ive been wanting to go to a lan for ages also im pretty sure Tux wouldnt want to miss it either shouldnt be a problem bringing our own PC,s

Stone:D

Podge ... talking to sonic last night ... seems he can get his hands on 2KM's of cable ... although we'd have to crimp it our selves :)

still going to search for 100baseT ... but I'm running with the idea of the 10baseT for now.

did I mention the lan will probably have a 20mbit Net connection :D ... name any other lan party in Ireland than can beat that :-P.

Stonemason: Kewl ... the more the merrier

we're mainly looking for bods to attend too :D.

going to put up a signup list too
    but anybody who knows now that they will be able to make the 30th nov-2nd dec can email me @ this address . and I'll put them on the signup list, should have the website active before the end of the week at least ... just getting info on stuff like accomodation (other than the floor in sonics gaff ;) )

I wouldnt count on that Internet connection.

• Advertisement

no sound here so I'll have to wait til I get to my own box to listen to it :(.

I doubt we'll have any problems with getting the connection :) we'll just claim it is for research purposes ...

ITD arent as stupid as you think. I doubt you will get it from them, even if you do u wont get ips for many machines.
    You could go assign you own etc.. but they monitor the network usage etc.. so they would notice... maybe im wrong

well only plan to have 1-3 machines like that anyway. and it's over the weekend ... ITD don't watch that much on the weekends. we'll figure something out anyway. ... either that or we'll run a really really long cable back to plassey village

fortfragglogo.gif

noticed my post count is approaching 666 I'll have to stop then and start a new account :-)

spread the word peeps

Whos your daddy and what does he do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

whj00t sounds like a larf - me and a few mates would be interested id say :)

Originally posted by podgeen
    Whos your daddy and what does he do?

My daddy is Spammy McSpammer and hez job is to TTT this thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Should be able to get a few more from dublin to go if you want, mainly cs players , but id say theyd make some nice targets in qw/q3 :)

excellent excellent ... don't worry ... plenty of CS played too I'm sure.

just as long as people don't forget they have to bring a computer to play it on ( and a 10mb net card for our network rj45 )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

sounds good,

Only thing i'd be iffy about would be transport getting there and lugging our putters with us.

any1 car pooling?

is there a train that goes between dublin and limerick ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Of course, one every few hours. It's a bit of a trek from the train station to UL though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Train and a taxi might be the quickest way up so

Hmmmm lugging a monitor, box and everything else around :-)

taxi from station would cost about I'd say £5-6 considering you are bringing a box with you.

quite a few coming down from dublin ... possible a few might have a room for hitch hikers :-)

site up

http://www.skynet.ie/~gamenet/fortfragg/

also don't forget to email me if you are coming and who if any that you are bringing as a Guest... know a good few are coming who haven't mailed me yet

damocles@skynet.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tux0r

like stone said id be interested in going and i can bring my own box with network card iv just sent the mail to sign up
    i cant wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Like the style baby, like the style

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Here Khan,
    we can give you a hand if you need some sh1t done. What room are you using for this lan, and how many are you expecting?
    needless to say we (me lj woody gstring noelie) expect our own private table with women playing harps and feeding gman grapes and stuff.
    have you any competitions organised for the weekend? Pin the tail on the arab and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

women playing harps and feeding gman grapes and stuff.

don't forget the red sauce on the grapes. :p

Originally posted by Zero
    Here Khan,
    we can give you a hand if you need some sh1t done. What room are you using for this lan, and how many are you expecting?
    needless to say we (me lj woody gstring noelie) expect our own private table with women playing harps and feeding gman grapes and stuff.
    have you any competitions organised for the weekend? Pin the tail on the arab and all that.

Room 5(main room is the SU) ... well actually we'll have the full SU building saturday and sunday, even the games room pool tables :-). but I think room 5 is big enough ... Max is 50 Computers I'd say ... but doubt well break 40 atm. but room is plenty big enough I'm just working out table arrangements so can work out laying down power strips and network cables.

thought I shouldn't look in your direction for help :-)

yeah I'll get you yer own table... not sure about getting women to feed gman grapes though ... I can fire peanuts at him? Women playing harps? ... how about I hire some lap dancers for ye especial for the whole weekend :-?.

Yeah we'll have compo's (not sure about prizes though) but we'll have compo's anyway ... (dm4 Koopa versus everybody else? ).
    hope to have a few clan games too. if we can get clans to send enough for a team say 4 peeps even could have some good clan action, on several games not just quake ... find out who really is the best clan :-). plus plenty of soup to be supplied to people who are nice to me :-P.

although probably will need some help on the day with like people to run leagues and keep crowd control ... thinking about making you our security chief :-) ... anybody does anything wrong you ... do something to them that :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

remember any1 who doesnt buy the nD lads a pint gets dipped in the fountain

ok ... note to self: add drowning to list of possible causes of death

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

Whats this about an age limit?

I'm 17 and have been waiting for a big LAN like this in Limerick for ages. Don't let me down with 18+ crap I see enough of that as it is.

I am willing to bring comp/NIC etc etc.

Sry about the lateness of the post but I've been reading through old pages.. and Khan's last comment was never followed up
    well we'll probably have a public 18's age limit

regards,
    DK

there wont be a limit he was just talking $hite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LordKhan

well look age limit is more offical then will be followed ... we don't want the place crawling with 12 years old ... 17 yer grand.

but ... I have no control over the scholars door men ;)

Keep the signups coming too ... that means the UL and nD guys too. entire clans will be seated together to the best of our ablity to facility clan games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭dragonkin

good stuff.. just what I wanted to hear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement