Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A real Cossack of Sh*te

• 01-10-2001 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I recently got Cossacks for my Birthday and find it ultimitly enjoyable. However what gives many strategy games their longevity is the abilit to play random maps. Cossacks has this feature and one can include eight AI sides. BUT(!) the option of creating alliance/teams/diplomacy is non existant and all AI will immediatly set out to kick your butt - defeating the entire purpose of having a possible 8 AI players. This has to be an oversight or simply a function not ready for inclusion by the release date. So I went to the Cossacks official site to look for the Patch (which should rectify this) and low and behold - there is none. No, the AI Team/diplomacy/alliance option will only be in the new release of the game called Cossacks: Revolution.

This is a total cop out and I feel really agreived! If I want a full on mill-up I have to buy a whole new game or add-on. This is either a lazy cop out or a really sleezy oportunist marketing trick for the newer game aimed at peope who have alreay shelled out £35 or so for the origional game. :mad:

Advertisement