Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique Avatar's ?

Options
  • 01-10-2001 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

An chance of making the avatars unique as in if its in use nonone else can use it ? Seen as there are thousands of them there and i always associate avatars with cercian posters

this proly sounds a bit inconsiderate to them newbies but its just a thought ;)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I support it, but i think it was brought up before and dev said only admins would get it, because they do lots of work and deserve some rewards :) (Or something along those lines?)

Edit: Typing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

oke ;[
    anyone else got anything else to say on the matter ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

just pick a really ugly avatar that nobody else would take
    <

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It'd probably be more trouble than its worth tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

I think its a great Idea - as long as I can keep my current one :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What I said was that it is a *lot* of work for us to lock an avatar off and that we had done so only for admins (because we were feeling kind to ourselves that day!)

I dont think that has changed, but in the future it might be possible, but its not a priority.

As for having thousands of avatars we have about 1200, but we have 5000 users. Do the maths :)

Also who gets to keep disputed avatars?

Hmm... needs a rethink.... (amazing the problems you can discover in these little things... kinda like Karma ;) )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Also who gets to keep disputed avatars?

Judge it by date registered=]

Advertisement