Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any news on fibre optic cable

• 07-02-2000 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

A guy on the servers today said he had a server going on a t1 line. That is fibre optic isn't it?

Neway, he never said how much it cost and I still havn't been able to get anything out of esat or eircom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Fing

On a corpoate level, a T1 costs you tens of thousands of pounds in line rental a year. If some guy has a server on a T1 you can be reasonably sure that its a dedicated internet link in his place of work. As far as I remember, a T1 gives you about 1Mbit of bandwidth so with that in mind, I'd hang around for cable access.

Fing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

that stuff will be layed out through out ireland in the next 2 years its going to be put under the railway tracks . and yep it dose cost loads i wouldent reccomend getting it theres mutch cheeper options . in a while theres going to be a new way of connecting to the net so id waight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 nosox

The optic cable is now being laid on the N19 between Galway and Limerick by Ocean. I believe they are nearly finished the Galway - Ennis stretch already.

Advertisement