Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stats on Norway - to strengthen the case...

Options
  • 01-10-2001 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

It seems Norway have an astonishing 50%+ accessing the Internet using ISDN - http://www.netvalue.com/corp/presse/cp0035.htm with a total of 5% now accessing via some form of broadband. Ws it Martin who was looking for these stats?

HTH

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

Same in Germany. They've been real ISDN freaks since years and years ago.......although far bigger population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I just read an article on The Register which says that 13% of households in Denmark and Sweden have broadband Internet access.

PS: I don't know anyone in Germany who DOESN'T have an ISDN line. But then again, ISDN is irrelevant: unless you listen to an Eircom marketing droid, you'll quickly come to realize that it's terribly old technology. I guess that's why the line rental for an ISDN line costs just £8/month over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

they treat isdn the same as plain old telephone lines, in those places, which really it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

The Register has an article about Britain being second bottom in this league table.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/22/21955.html

Sweden 13.8
    Denmark 13.2
    Germany 7.8
    France 6.4
    Spain 6.2
    Norway 5.1
    UK 2.3
    Italy .9

Ireland would be something below the Italy with .001 %

It looks as if the percentage of broadband users in Sweden now is about the same as the percentage of Internet users in Ireland a couple of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Alis

Some Stats...
    stats.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Ireland is second to none (from the bottom!).

Also I know there are a lot of "claims" that 30-something percent of people have access to the Internet here. If you look at most of the methodology though, you quickly come to realise that they also include people who access the Internet from work, etc.. The figures from Sweden though ONLY include people accessing the Internet from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

I don't know how right or wrong these results are, but does it surprise any of you?
    But yes, it does prove what people already believed.

Advertisement