Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-m@il Campaign

Options
  • 01-10-2001 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

I sent an explosive mail to mary o rourke
    pointing out that the government is responsible for selling off a monoply which now controls the future of ecommerce and broadband to ransome in this country.

why dont we all! start an email campaign and get some attentiion.
    and if you dont get a reply you can phone them on there advertised phone number.

and probably CC the mail to as many other political party`s or members as you can get email address for :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭smokin' an'chewin' man

Has the IOFFL made an official complaint to the Competition authority here or in the EU about Eircom's business behaviour ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    I sent an explosive mail to mary o rourke

I'm not exactly sure flaming Mary O'Rourke is such a good idea, in light of the fact she is on our side (penny dropping).
    Our chairman Martin Harran has actually been to Mary O'Rourkes home to discuss the matter and BTW she was a panel member @ the seminar and gave the introductory speech. She found the whole campaign very worthy and congratulated the committtee on the originality of the name "IrelandOffline". Believe shes on our side.
    In addition she is powerless in the current €ircom dispute given the inadequacy of the legislation and she was not personally responsible for the sale of €ircom.
    Originally posted by BoneCollector

why dont we all! start an email campaign and get some attentiion.

This point is noteworthy and I've personally e-mailed Martin about this in regard to getting a standard letter together to make sure we're all singing for the same hymn sheet when we contact ppl. And yes it could be useful in getting ppls "attention"-
    But beware- theres a fine line between informing ppl and SPAM-

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I agree with 80project.

Mary O'Rourke is on our side and agrees with a lot of, of not all of, our own policies and demands. It's unfortunate that she doesn't have more power... maybe the state should never have de-nationalised Telecom Éireann... who knows, eh?

Smokin' an Chewin' man makes a good point. I don't believe such a complaint has been lodged ... perhaps it should be. A quick discussion about it is required first, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

im not suggesting spamming or flamming, im suggesting making our objections and feelings heard so people who can, will stand up and listen and act on our behalf. Most politicians i think... are completely in the dark when it comes to such facts and technology which we deal with every day and can be easly disinformed in a manner that blurrs the truth and eventualy makes it completely appathetic.

as someone already mentioned at one of the meetings... Opposition partys like to get something they can get involved in to use on the current government to gain popularity as well as effecting change and achieving the results WE require.
    so CC mail any other party with your concerns(not spam)
    can have a posative result too.

Any universal mail (hymn sheet) that is put together should be hard cold facts! and not diplomatic in any way.
    though individual mails can also be an asset because they may contain personal experiences or suggestions which can also enforce our concerns and have positive results too!

Firstly Yes informing ppl of the facts is essential.
    Martin has intimated the way forward for the campaign is the specific targetting of politicians and thus they need to hear the facts if they are to be of any help.
    Any universal mail (hymn sheet) that is put together should be hard cold facts! and not diplomatic in any way.

Again, Yes we most definitley need to inform them of the facts- as they are not apparent and in the public domain to a large extent-
    BUT....
    WE MUST though continue with the conciliatory, proactive civilised debate, as has been the case here-to-fore- so unfortunatley that does mean diplomacy is essential-
    Yes inform ppl- but at the end of it all command their respect from the way in which you informed them. The facts are shocking enough to speak for themselves so we dont need to go OTT:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'm impressed you were able to get her email address :) However, this may have been or be freely available, I'm just too lazy to look for such information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

okay so your lazy! :D
    well here`s a good place to start!;)
    http://www.niceone.com/irl/subcat/9/8/0/0/Political%20Parties.html

Rymus- also page 55 of the current 01 phonebook (Robbie Keanes on the cover)

also here....

http://www.rte.ie/news/dailguide

Advertisement