Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh My God! A CS MApping Contest!

• 01-10-2001 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

IrishMappers Contest!

My good friend Blazeeer has made a rather spiffy Sand WAD. I came up with the bright idea of having a competiton for zall you budding mappers!

The idea:
    Make a map by the 20th of October using ONLY the following wads.

-> BlazComp.wad
    ->Halflife.wad
    ->cstrike.wad

Thats the contest. The winner gets their map put on an irish server [probly VAR if possible :)] for two weeks.

Pic of the wad :)

Download it :)

Send your submissions to drake@fr4g.co.uk please! I look forward to all your submissions! The map will be judged by me, and I will be looking at not only hos the map looks...but more importantly how the map PLAYS.

Get Mappin'!

-DRakE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yeah, I'll enter the contest, but thoses wads weren't really what i planned on using, ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

I've give it a shot if I've got time...

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Been away for a while, comp been taken and all...

Im in sleep zone atm... I wont be able to map unless it's on a computer outside of my house, and I doubt I'll pay up money in LANFEST / TALK SHOP just to use worldcraft....

But still, I'll be here on boards egging you all on - GOOD LUCK MAPPAHS!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Drake you cheeky bugger - There shalt be no pimping of the VAR server for your mapping contest :)

Messing, Im the only one who can upload map files to the Ireland CS1.1 Box, so until I get the comp back, or another method of access, the VAR server is a bad idea...

AICSL have broadcast custommaps before, take it up with Shinji :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

[**apology in advance**]

I WANT ROPE BACK!

[/end apology]

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement