Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

robots in disguise

• 02-10-2001 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

ATUKO, a japanese company has just announced the world's first dance robot called ASTAR-NO1.

it comes equipped with 2 high-end stereo mics, 566mhz RISC processor which allows it to respond any kind of audio input. instantly the sound is processed and the little guy dances for you (disco,funk,rock,hip-hop,break-dance). madness!!! if you also get another 4 of them toghether, as if by magic they form a choreographed dance routine depending on the type of music played.
    Specs
    * Body
    * Head
    * Leg x 2
    * Arms x 2

Freedom of Motion
    * Head - 2 DOF (Degrees of Freedom)
    * Legs - 3 DOF
    * Arms - 3 DOF
    * Hand - 1 DOF
    * Foot - 2 DOF
    * Total 20 DOF

Built-In
    * 566 MHz RISC Processor
    * 128 MB RAM
    * 4 GB Harddisk
    * ASTAR "Expansion Module" Slot
    * PC Card slot Type2 In/Out
    * 1 Fire Wire
    * 2 USB
    * 56K modem
    * AC IN Power Supply connector Input

Sensors
    * Infrared Distance Sensor
    * Acceleration Sensor
    * Audio Sensor
    * Battery condition

ASTAR goes into stand-by mode after 120 mins to avoid overheating which could mean some overclocking and you'll have him dancing to drum n bass with no sweat. i want one, but it comes a bit on a pricey side @ $15,000 and a limited number of 50 for 2001/2002.

adnans

astarimg2.jpgastarimg3.jpgastarimg5.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭GenX

/me knows wot Santy will be bringing him for Xmas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

but why? will this cure cancer or help anybody ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i think youre looking for the Humanities board. dancing robots may in future feed starving ppl. now go and save the world Superman.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

ugg

it's the minature brother I never wanted :rolleyes:

Advertisement